Windows 10: Device encryption

Discus and support Device encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have seen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bertilak, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Bertilak Win User

Device encryption

I have seen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/22b6dd64-c2d2-4568-8ab0-33978a023530?auth=1 But I still have questons:

• Why does my system have a BitLocker recovery key if I don't have BitLocker installed?
    • Do I need to save it in a safe place?
    • The above-linked message says if I search the start menu for "encryption" it should take me to a search result where I can turn it off and decrypt the drive, but
      1) There is no encrypt nor anything like it on the start menu and ...
      2)A general search turns up an on/off encryption selection but there is no specific decrypt selection. Other info seems to say on/off only applies to future activities, not currently recorded data.
    • As the above linked message says, encryption/decryption vs. BitLocker is a fuzzy distinction. Given the ambiguity, the instructions should be more clear!

That all leaves me wondering what I can safely, or conveniently, do.

:)

Bertilak, Apr 28, 2019

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

Device encryption

device encryption

All apps » Settings » System » Device encryption » Device encryption: On

That encrypts just the internal phone memory and not the microSD, yet. Therefore:

• All apps » Settings » System » About » More info: Please, post (just) your OS build
    • Did you try a new microSD already and did that face the same issue?

Abi99 (2), Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Device encryption

1. Device encryption - Similar Threads - Device encryption

2. How do I change the Bitlocker Device Encryption using cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the Bitlocker Device Encryption using cmd: I want one of these configurations to be enabled, however, I also wanted these to be automated using a script. [ATTACH] I have used commands like net accounts /maxpwage:200 on another policy in group policy editor using command line, but I wanted to know how to do it in...
  3. Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro: I just bought a new HP laptop and Windows 10 Professional on it. I got Windows 10 Pro because I need device encryption. I installed Windows 10 Pro as the directions indicated. Now I am following Microsoft directions to turn on device encryption. In checking if device...
  4. External Encrypted devices

in Windows 10 Support
    External Encrypted devices: Hi, Is it possible to have/set up an external encrypted hard drive (USB) on Windows that can be used on other machines where I don not have Administrative access (to install any thing). I think it would need an pure portable implementation of that encryption host. Or is...
  5. Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption: I am using Win 10 Home edition and thought that one of thebenfits to the pro version was encrypting the hard drive. I see that this version of Windows allows for device encryption. Can you tell me the difference between the encrytions and should I use it on this version?...
  6. Turning on device encryption

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on device encryption: I am running Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 on a Dell Inspiron 620 x-64. When I go to Microsoft account under this device it shows that BitLocker is turned off and a link with instructions on how to turn it on....
  7. how to relink bitlocker and TPM device after having used veracrypt encrypting process for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to relink bitlocker and TPM device after having used veracrypt encrypting process for...: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked already, but here it is: Since I've encrypted my system disk on my tablet with veracrypt, bitlocker is asking it's recovery key each time on boot because (what the error message says in eventviewer) it can't contact the TPM...
  8. Google introduces Adiantum encryption method for Android devices

in Windows 10 News
    Google introduces Adiantum encryption method for Android devices: [ATTACH] Storage encryption protects your data if your phone falls into someone else's hands. Adiantum is an innovation in cryptography designed to make storage encryption more efficient for devices without cryptographic acceleration, to ensure that all devices can be...
  9. Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption

Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption: I think, it should be possible to configure an end-to-end encryption for the "Sync across devices" of the clipboard! I think, that is required, at least as an option! Even it may make the first use a little more difficult. Without such an encryption there is too much...
  10. Device encryption

Device encryption: Hi, I had posted a question regarding the message I was getting on every start up regarding my recovery key. Although that issue is resolved now in the device encryption settings I am getting the message as the encryption is temporarily suspended. I have a Windows 10...