Windows 10: Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Discus and support Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I've just upgraded my Dell laptop, XPS L501X to Windows 10 (v 1903). The computer is 64bit, 8GB installed RAM, Intel i5 CPU and bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KamKumar, Sep 1, 2019.

1. KamKumar Win User

Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Hello all,

I've just upgraded my Dell laptop, XPS L501X to Windows 10 (v 1903). The computer is 64bit, 8GB installed RAM, Intel i5 CPU and bought in 2011/12.

In Device Manager there are yellow error flags for four elements under "Other Devices". Their names and hardware ids as they appear in order are listed at the end, below. For all of them, 'Device Status' says:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I have tried updating drivers via auto browse with no joy. I also went to Intel site and found these items :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006575/server-products.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006291/software/chipset-software.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/1145

It all kinda looks like an explanation and possible solution but I'm really not sure, especially as a

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan comes up with no suggestions.

What are these drivers, why has the problem arisen and how can I fix the issues? Should I download something from Intel?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kam

Base system device
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2394&SUBSYS_046E1028&REV_30
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2394&SUBSYS_046E1028
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2394&CC_088000
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2394&CC_0880

Base system device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&SUBSYS_046E1028&REV_30

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&SUBSYS_046E1028

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&CC_088000

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&CC_0880

Base system device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_046E1028&REV_30

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_046E1028

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_088000

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_0880

Unknown device

ACPI\VEN_SMO&DEV_8800

ACPI\SMO8800

*SMO8800

:)

KamKumar, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Still possible to upgrade to Windows 10

Look at the notice on Microsoft's Windows 10 free upgrade website: "3GB+ download required; internet access fees may apply. Windows 10 Upgrade Offer is valid for qualified Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices, including devices you already own. Some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by region and device. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and the Windows 10 Specifications page. Windows 10 is automatically updated. Additional requirements may apply over time for updates."

Regeneration, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

1. Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Device error upgrade

2. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7: Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10 upgrade I completely lost my ethernet connection and don't know how to get it back. thanks...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 errors: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 via the Microsoft upgrade via the web site and wished I never did. I have had nothing but problems ever since. Some files do not show correctly and only show rows and rows of coding, others do not show in full screen, etc....
  4. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  6. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error: I've tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 6 times, and every time I get this error: "We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10 0x800F0955 - 0x20003 The Installation failed in SAFE_OS...
  7. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error: I've tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 6 times, and every time I get this error: "We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10 0x800F0955 - 0x20003 The Installation...
  8. Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. Now I get random BSODs related to nvraid, error 11. I Googled error 11 and it suggest it may be caused from an outdated chipset driver. My PC is from 2007 so there are no current chipset drivers available. I am using the last...
  9. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...
  10. Upgrade from windows 7 Error

Upgrade from windows 7 Error: Hi all I have a Dell Optiplex 3020. It had Windows 7 Pro on it before I upgraded to Windows 10 The upgrade seemed to go OK and I could boot once after the upgrade. But then the system crashed with the screen flashing. I rebooted and I get a message Automatic Repair. Your...