Windows 10: Device has migrated...

Discus and support Device has migrated... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the 10/10 update for 1809 my secondary monitor has stopped working. States that the device has been migrated. I am both unsure what this means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SchawnRolfe, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Device has migrated...

After the 10/10 update for 1809 my secondary monitor has stopped working. States that the device has been migrated. I am both unsure what this means and not sure how to fix it...

:)

SchawnRolfe, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 13, 2018
  3. device not migrating?

Hi Catrina,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.

Method 1:

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, the steps are mentioned below:

1. Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search bar and press Enter.

2. Click on ‘View all’ on the left panel of the ‘Troubleshooting’ window.

3. Click on ‘Hardware and Devices' and follow on the screen instruction.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Check, if there is any error listed or the status of the device in Device Manager:

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and right-click on the drive.

c. Select Properties and check, if the device is working properly under
    Device Status.

If the device isn’t working properly, there will be an error listed with a yellow exclamation mark. Please get back to us with the error.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 3.

Method 3:

Step 1:

Uninstall and reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the step 2.

Step 2:

Install the latest Universal Serial Bus controllers driver in Compatibility mode:

I suggest you to download the Latest Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from manufacture's website and install it in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in

Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then, check the functionality.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Device has migrated...

Bluetooth device migration.

Hi FredOlson1,

Sounds like a Bluetooth driver conflict to me. Did you make any changes on your laptop prior to the issue? What is the build and version of your Windows 10? In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Lets remove the Megacra sound bar from your Bluetooth device list.

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Restart your laptop.

Step 2: Download and install the latest Bluetooth driver directly from Dell support website.

Step 3: Pair again your Bluetooth device to your laptop. Kindly check for the device manual for the instructions.

You may also want to check this article for the list of troubleshooting steps to fix Bluetooth connection issues.

Kindly update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Device has migrated...

1. Device has migrated... - Similar Threads - Device has migrated

2. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated: Following a Windows 10 upgrade I've lost use of one bluetooth soundbar. Here's what I know:There is not a soundbar problem. The soundbar works with my Mac, and with a USB. My Windows 10 troubleshooter says that for that soundbar, "headphones" are not plugged in.The soundbar...
  3. Device Migration

Device Migration: What would prevent a device from being migrated and is this really a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-migration/4bde4cbb-cc21-411d-bcf5-3b91e98c7f8b
  4. DEVICE NOT MIGRATED

DEVICE NOT MIGRATED: [ATTACH] Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{6bda5306-f8a5-4123-bd69-8232c26d2faf} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{494008f4-7af7-49e5-aa64-7ee569154693} Class Guid:...
  5. device not migrated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    device not migrated: upgrading to win 10 from 7 and keyboard on laptop not working device details show device not migrated how can I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-migrated/2dc0e73f-c92f-4a9e-9be8-f4183679d1f9
  6. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: Hello, After a Windows 10 update today the speakers do not work. In the LG Ultrawide events screen there is this... Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{d82c1427-b7ce-48fb-9340-1a163a6a7810} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  7. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I am getting several "device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match". on the Events tab in Properties page. What does this mean and how can I fix it. Please help....
  8. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I'm connecting a USB disk device to my machine. I've tried updating drivers, using a different USB port and not joy. The message in the events log reads as shown below. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_JMicron&Prod_Generic\000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match....
  9. Device Not Migrated

Device Not Migrated: I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the back and I am running an hdmi to dvi cable to the acer monitor for this setup. Again, this has been working since I originally...
  10. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not migrated: In device manager, Network Adapters. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, it is showing that device not migrated..Tried uninstalling ..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/device-not-migrated/76728f32-ce35-4123-973e-2bda95e2b01b