Windows 10: Device I don't recognise appearing in my Other Devices

Discus and support Device I don't recognise appearing in my Other Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've noticed a device I do not recognise in my Bluetooth & Other Devices section in Settings. It's listed as Texas Instruments USB Billboard Device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mysterybrough, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Device I don't recognise appearing in my Other Devices

I've noticed a device I do not recognise in my Bluetooth & Other Devices section in Settings.

It's listed as Texas Instruments USB Billboard Device. I've never connected anything to my computer by that name that I am aware of. Whenever I remove the device it does so seemingly successfully, but when I next start up my computer it reinstalls itself.

Doing some digging of my own I've connected it to a driver in Device Manager as USB Input Device under Human Interface Devices. I have checked all my USB devices I use with my computer (by removing the offending device then plugging in various USB items to see if it provokes a response) but nothing but have found none that identify as the unknown device.

Uninstalling either of Texas Instruments USB Billboard Device or USB Input Device gets rid of the other also, so I assume a connection. But if I Scan for Hardware Changes in Device Manager they both reappear.

What is it? Am I being dumb and it's always been there and it's fine to be left alone? Or is it a deffective device or driver? Or could it be something more malicous? Or something else?

Help please seeing it there and not even knowing what it is is like an itch I can't scratch.

:)

mysterybrough, Jul 30, 2019

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 30, 2019
  3. BobFerro1 Win User
    my device is a windows 7 device. how come I don;t see it on my microsoft account

my device is a windows 7 device. how come I don;t see it on my microsoft account

BobFerro1, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Device I don't recognise appearing in my Other Devices

my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

BriJean2000, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Device I don't recognise appearing in my Other Devices

1. Device I don't recognise appearing in my Other Devices - Similar Threads - Device don't recognise

2. Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise: HiI always have all my settings switched to OFF camera/bluetooth/microphone/file sharing/wifi/radio almost everything that can be off is off. This morning I turned on the PC to find that everything was switched ON. which is another concern, why does this happen? has my pc...
  3. Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise: HiI always have all my settings switched to OFF camera/bluetooth/microphone/file sharing/wifi/radio almost everything that can be off is off. This morning I turned on the PC to find that everything was switched ON. which is another concern, why does this happen? has my pc...
  4. Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager: Hello, I have a problem which I cannot resolve. The 'mice and other pointing devices' is not appearing in the device manager. Which mean there is no mouse pointer on the windows operating and therefore I cannot move or click on anything on screen. Can anybody help me figure...
  6. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...
  7. Device not recognised

Device not recognised: I am trying to sync music to my Ipod - The device is not able to be added even though it is showing as being connected.. The odd thing is my Ipod is showing as being F drive and the music is appearing on the drive but when I eject my Ipod the music is nowhere to be seen....
  8. Devices not recognised

Devices not recognised: I have a HP pavillion pc with an intel core i7 - 7500u cpu with a 64 bit OS. Just recently (like yesterday) it has decided not to recognise any of my external portable hard drives - I have a 1Tb Lacie rugged and a 2Tb WD Elements SE. When I run EASUS partition manager it...
  9. windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices

windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices: Under windows 7 if I plug my phone into a USB it comes up as another device in my computer. This does not happen in windows 10. 113992
  10. windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices: Under windows 7 if I plug my phone into a USB it comes up as another device in my computer. This does not happen in windows 10. 113992

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account I dont recognise my device name