Windows 10: Device Identification

Discus and support Device Identification in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gail Black, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Device Identification

How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices?

:)

Gail Black, Aug 8, 2022

2. Bluetooth Device Identification Service - Windows 10

Hi Shahrul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please note that "device identification service" is a windows service which keeps running in the background which has the identification of every device that is connected to your computer. Since you are unable to see the service for the Bluetooth keyboard,
    I would suggest you to go to the manufacturer's website and check for latest driver and install it.

Hope this answers your query.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Bluetooth Device Identification Service - Windows 10

Hi,

I have a tablet with Windows 10 pre-installed. The tablet connected to bluetooth mouse and keyboard and both are well functioning. In Device Manager, the bluetooth mouse have "device identification service" but the bluetooth keyboard doesn't. How to install
    the "device identification service" for bluetooth keyboard in Windows 10? As in Windows 8.1, the same bluetooth keyboard have "device identification service". The driver are updated.

The issue is, the bluetooth keyboard has connection time out. It can be disabled by unchecking "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (bluetooth HID device) in Windows 8.1, but in Windows 10 this connection time out disable is not working.
    I suspect that is because no "device identification service".

Connection time out is where the bluetooth keyboard is connected but after certain period it disconnected and require to press any key to reconnect.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Shahrul Isra Razekin, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Device Identification

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Device Identification

1. Device Identification - Similar Threads - Device Identification

2. Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies: I updated Windows 11 last weekend, 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems, and all my financial accounts forgot my device. How do I backup the necessary cookies, because I can't find them, so I can avoid this problem or how can I update...
  3. Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies: I updated Windows 11 last weekend, 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems, and all my financial accounts forgot my device. How do I backup the necessary cookies, because I can't find them, so I can avoid this problem or how can I update...
  4. Is it normal to have no drivers installed for "device identification service" under Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal to have no drivers installed for "device identification service" under Bluetooth?: I've been having troubles with connecting bluetooth headphones for as long as I've had my laptop. It is an IdeaPad 3. When trying to solve the problem, I've noticed that it says there's no driver installed for "device identification service" under the bluetooth section in the...
  5. Is it normal to have no drivers installed for "device identification service" under Bluetooth?

Is it normal to have no drivers installed for "device identification service" under Bluetooth?: I've been having troubles with connecting bluetooth headphones for as long as I've had my laptop. It is an IdeaPad 3. When trying to solve the problem, I've noticed that it says there's no driver installed for "device identification service" under the bluetooth section in the...
  6. Is it normal to have no drivers installed for "device identification service" under Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Device Identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Identification: How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-identification/8aeeca73-41ad-49c9-b3ec-0991bc084b62
  8. Device Identification

Device Identification: How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-identification/8aeeca73-41ad-49c9-b3ec-0991bc084b62
  9. Device and Product Identifications Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device and Product Identifications Windows 10: Hello, The Device ID and Product ID of my HP all-in-one desktop with Windows 10 Home, Version 1803 have changed after a system recovery. Both IDs stand under System - Device specifications. The recovery was performed via F11 key-HP Recovery Manager. The computer came with...
  10. Device manager is constently refreshing need help identifing cause

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager is constently refreshing need help identifing cause: Firstly I would like to say I fix computers for a living I half know my problem and how to fix it. Secondly I know next to nothing about windows 10 what i do know is the simple stuff the os its self has shown me and legacy based exploration(something is here in windows 7 so...