Windows 10: Device Installation Settings

Discus and support Device Installation Settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DonT5, Dec 4, 2023.

1. DonT5 Win User

Device Installation Settings

A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons available for your devices" in Device Installation Settings. I mean we get driver updates by optional updates now so will I still get these? Will turning this off cause problems with getting updates from Microsoft like cumulative updates or Patch Tuesday updates or App updates from the MS Store? I would greatly appreciate your input into this. Respectfully

:)

DonT5, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 4, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Device Installation Settings - Similar Threads - Device Installation Settings

2. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Installation Settings: A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons available for your devices" in Device Installation Settings. I mean we get driver updates by optional updates now so will I still...
  3. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device Installation Settings: A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons available for your devices" in Device Installation Settings. I mean we get driver updates by optional updates now so will I still...
  4. Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.: Can someone help me with this i unistall the program and the audio device is still in settings also i go to the device manager and unistall the audio device and its still there even i restart my computer...
  5. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  6. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  7. Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble removing an audio device from settings that no longer is installed.: I installed a program called voice meter, its main purpose is to provide different audio tracks for when recording.It didn't work how I liked, so I deleted the files off the computer.After deleting it, it still shows up in my output devices and I'm not sure why.Any help is...
  8. settings for "cast to device"

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings for "cast to device": cast to device worked. Not now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-for-cast-to-device/f3b5b311-ae8e-4783-b075-5da9780d341c
  9. Sound device settings!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound device settings!?: How can I make it so when pressing right click down at the right corner on the sound icon, I can get THIS instead of THIS I formated my computer and reinstalled Windows 10 and after that it went to this retarded version which I need to press multiple times to get to the...
  10. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Installation Settings: Something I checked after the upgrade from Build 10240 to Build 10586.3, is in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and went to Advanced Settings>>>Hardware>>>Device Installation Settings. First of all it's simpler now, and second of all, the upgrade reset mine to...