Windows 10: Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Discus and support Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was working fine at the beginning. But later when I updated to the newer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Richmond Dee, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Hi,

I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was working fine at the beginning. But later when I updated to the newer version of Windows my WiFi connection started having issues.

Can anyone here help me identify where the problem is?

Here are some more information about my case...

- After I updated to the newer version of Windows, my laptop was working fine. But it was a bit laggy. And then it went to a point where it slows down and couldn't boot up which resulted to me having it reformatted.

- After having it reformatted. It was working as how it should be. The version of Windows installed on it after it was reformatted was the 1909 from 1809. But then, 3-5 days later the WiFi started having issues again.

- I already tried disabling and enabling the network adapter but it didn't work.

- I already tried installing the latest network adapter from the manufacturer's website and it didn't work.

- I have it reformatted again thinking that it will solve the problem but it turned out to be not the case.

- I already tried using the command prompt "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" but it didn't work.

- I tried the network reset and it didn't work.

- I tried restarting the WiFi and it didn't work.

- I tried the built-in troubleshoot feature of Windows and it didn't work I got different diagnosis

- I also tried using USB WiFi Adapter but it didn't work as well which I supposed it should work if my laptop has a hardware problem.

I believe the WiFi network isn't the problem because I can connect my smartphone into it.

So, is it really the WiFi Card that's the problem like what the technician told me? Or is there something wrong with the settings in my laptop?

I'm looking forward to your answers.

:)

Richmond Dee, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Seany1212 Win User

Small business Wifi Network for 20-30 Devices?

I have been looking at this exact problem myself with the same range of numbers. I've found there are a wide range of choices and performance of the network very much depends on how much money you're willing to put into it.

Our wifi consisted of a single modem/router and the devices were only requesting internet access, the problem we were getting was either devices getting dropped off the network or just very little internet access at all when it was connected. From doing some studying I concluded that i could improve the performance by separating the roles, having a modem dealing with the connection to the outside world and DHCP and having a more powerful router handle the wireless devices (the router I was looking at was the model down from your suggested one, the Asus RT-N66U), you could probably go one further and add a low spec'd server box dealing with DHCP, DNS, etc. This was the cheapest option but left no real room for scaling up devices.

The other was as has been suggested, getting a wireless controller/gateway with multiple access points, obviously the cost scales higher but you also increase the overall capacity of the network with good performance, and usually with a good controller you can further add more access points to increase range/devices.

I think in this case it's very much you get what you pay for.

Seany1212, Jun 22, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access" [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access" [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Laptop cannot connect to the wifi. It says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet access.

Hi,

Can someone please help me. There was a power cut a few days ago. Now my laptop cannot connect to the internet. There is wifi signal but it says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet Access. My mobile devices work fine with my wifi connection though.

StevenHatfield1, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

1. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access" - Similar Threads - Device Connected WiFi

2. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  3. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  4. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi network keeps saying no internet, connected

Wifi network keeps saying no internet, connected: I recently had a second hand computer and had this wifi problem where the network has no internet but connected. Since i needed to keep my programs that were downloaded not from the microsoft store, it seems like the "Reset this PC" function could not keep my personal files....
  6. Wifi says "No Internet Access"

Wifi says "No Internet Access": Wifi on my computer says "No Internet Access" but it works fine when I use google. This is a problem because I cant use other apps that require wifi because it thinks I dont have a connection. I had the same problem a few days ago and I thought I fixed it by updating my...
  7. Wifi connects but no network internet

Wifi connects but no network internet: Currently my internet is being a little troubled. I can connect to the wifi, but only one of the networks on my computer we have a 2.4 ghz and a 5ghz network, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network. So, I can connect to that network, and the internet does in fact work....
  8. The laptop can not connect to wifi. It says 'Unidentified network' Without Internet access.

The laptop can not connect to wifi. It says 'Unidentified network' Without Internet access.: Can anybody help me please? There was a power cut. Now my laptop can not connect to the internet. There is wifi signal, but it says "Unidentified network" Without Internet access. However, my mobile devices work well with my Wi-Fi connection....
  9. Laptop cannot connect to the wifi. It says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet access.

Laptop cannot connect to the wifi. It says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet access.: Hi, Can someone please help me. There was a power cut a few days ago. Now my laptop cannot connect to the internet. There is wifi signal but it says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet Access. My mobile devices work fine with my wifi connection though....
  10. Laptop cannot connect to the wifi. It says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet access.

Laptop cannot connect to the wifi. It says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet access.: Hi, Can someone please help me. There was a power cut few days ago. Now my laptop cannot connect to the internet. There is wifi signal but it says 'Unidentified Network' No Internet Access. My mobile devices works fine with my wifi connection though....