Windows 10: Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

Discus and support Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wildp1, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Wildp1 Win User

Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker Recovery Key, which I don't have as I didn't know about it to, save it anywhere. How can I get my recovery key, so as I can reset my Tablet?I have gone to my Microsoft Account and can see the list of my devices, but when going to the Recovery Key page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey, there is only one

:)

Wildp1, Nov 4, 2021

2. BitLocker recovery key

My computer is locked by BitLocker and the recovery key is not showing in the Microsoft account (the device is listed). How can I generate/retrieve the key (I don't have it stored anywhere)?

ChiragMittal, Nov 5, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key - Similar Threads - Device listed Account

2. Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up: Hello,I've had to replace the motherboard of my laptop an ASUS B9. Now the computer is asking me to prompt the bitlocker 48 digits. The bitlocker i assume it was enabled at factory by the manifacturer. The device was correctly registered with my Microsfot account but it does...
  3. Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up: Hello,I've had to replace the motherboard of my laptop an ASUS B9. Now the computer is asking me to prompt the bitlocker 48 digits. The bitlocker i assume it was enabled at factory by the manifacturer. The device was correctly registered with my Microsfot account but it does...
  4. No BitLocker recovery key for a device in AAD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No BitLocker recovery key for a device in AAD: Hi there,After latest installation of windows update, I was prompted to key in BitLocker password to unlock to harddisk/ get into Windows 10 for my laptop Dell Vostro .Since I have been using my university email for office 365, outlook etc., I tried to go for...
  5. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  6. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  7. Lost Bitlocker recovery key on locked MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Bitlocker recovery key on locked MS account: Hello,I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U 16GB RAM laptop double booting Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10. Today, I tried to log in Windows and was prompted for my Bitlocker recovery key. Following instructions, I logged in my MS Account to find the Bitlocker recovery...
  8. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device: Hi, When starting my laptop today I was asked to put in my bitlocker key. So I logged onto my Microsoft account and found my device DESKTOP-07XXXX. The bitlocker was turned on and so I selected the "manage recovery key" option. This took me to a page where the only device...
  9. BitLocker recovery key missing. Not recorded in devise list of account list

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker recovery key missing. Not recorded in devise list of account list: How to get recovery key for BitLocker used in Lenovo Tablets. BitLocker auto loaded during last update. tablet now locked with blue screen looking for recovery key....
  10. Devices list under MS account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices list under MS account: Hello I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com However now the XBOX one listing is missing....