Windows 10: Device is locked please help

Discus and support Device is locked please help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi , I accidently locked my laptop by going into my Microsoft account and report it stolen, I was playing around in find location of device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ockert PatrysBrand, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Device is locked please help

Hi , I accidently locked my laptop by going into my Microsoft account and report it stolen, I was playing around in find location of device and accidently pressed lock device, now when I switch laptop on it shows , This device is stolen .... try to log in with my password as usual it say ... An administrator has restricted sign in .... please help

:)

Ockert PatrysBrand, Aug 28, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Device is locked please help

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Device is locked please help

1. Device is locked please help - Similar Threads - Device locked please

2. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  3. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  4. Cant boot device please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant boot device please help: I have a hp elitebook 830 g7 and i cant boot it up. About a week ago i disabled the gui boot option. Everything was working fine and i went to sleep and woke up an now its not coming on. and when i try to boot it now the caps lock flashes once and thats it. No fan noise...
  5. Cant boot device please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant boot device please help: I have a hp elitebook 830 g7 and i cant boot it up. About a week ago i disabled the gui boot option. Everything was working fine and i went to sleep and woke up an now its not coming on. and when i try to boot it now the caps lock flashes once and thats it. No fan noise...
  6. Cant boot device please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Locked out of computer Please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of computer Please help: Helping fatherinlaw access his computer and we keep running into problems.1. Required ja password reset on ms account2. changed password successfully but still would not accept pin. said to update security3. updated security email address and now locked for 30 days4. tried...
  8. start menu locked please help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu locked please help!!: when i press the "F7" key after i open the start menu. the menu gets locked and i cant use my mouse to choose anything on the menu. i have no idea how to unlock the start menu other than signing out and back in again. can anyone please help? also, why is this happen only...
  9. Help with Lock Screen PLEASE

Help with Lock Screen PLEASE: My computer (Windows 10 desktop PC) keeps locking the screen and requiring me to type in my password to unlock it after 1 MINUTE of innactivity. I have tried the following with no fix: Changing my theme to default Turning off the screen saver/changing it to 30min Changing...
  10. Please help with locked files

Please help with locked files: Hi, I'm trying to mod a game I got from the windows store but it seems no matter how hard i try I still can't change files. Here's my problem: The files have a lock icon on them. The option that encrypts the files for "security cannot be unticked" also when I uncheck the Read...