Windows 10: Device is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program

Discus and support Device is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, I've tried to install the Windows File Recovery tool from the following link... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jimmy Bionic, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Device is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program

Hi there,

I've tried to install the Windows File Recovery tool from the following link

https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/p/app/9n26s50ln705?activetab=pivotDevice is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program :eek:verviewtab

Windows offered me to install the program directly from Microsoft Store. However as can be seen from below screenshot, by some reason Windows is unable to link my device to my Microsoft account. Even though I tried to do it from my admin account, which is linked to my Microsoft account.

The copy of my Windows is properly licensed, and I've been using it for a number of years. So I dont understand the message and what it prompts me to do. I'd appreciate some assistance.

Best regards.

Device is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program b1767dea-e48a-4cbe-b807-15e6d113c8a8?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jimmy Bionic, Jun 30, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

Device is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Device is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program

1. Device is not linked to Microsoft account, Microsoft Store doesn't allow to install a program - Similar Threads - Device linked Microsoft

2. Devices linked to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices linked to Microsoft Store: Hello,I'm running into an issue while looking at my linked devices to Microsoft Store. The name shown isn't the current device name and this make it difficult to know which device is running an Microsoft Pro upgrade.For more details, I've upgraded my computers to Windows 11...
  3. Devices linked to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices linked to Microsoft Store: Hello,I'm running into an issue while looking at my linked devices to Microsoft Store. The name shown isn't the current device name and this make it difficult to know which device is running an Microsoft Pro upgrade.For more details, I've upgraded my computers to Windows 11...
  4. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  5. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  6. Microsoft store not allowing installs

7. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  8. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  9. Microsoft Account for linked devices

10. Microsoft Store doesn't allow app installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store doesn't allow app installs: I am trying to install a game I bought, but it says there is an error on your end. Its a pre-order so I am not suprised to see this kind of error, though I would have expected a message saying that this product is not released yet... To verify that the issue isn't my...