Windows 10: "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!

Discus and support "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My work PC is still running version 1803 and I finally wanted to update it to 20H2 but it's not working:I checked for updates and first it installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neph., May 5, 2021.

1. Neph. Win User

"Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!

My work PC is still running version 1803 and I finally wanted to update it to 20H2 but it's not working:I checked for updates and first it installed a regular one for 1803 KB4589206 and then the Adobe Flash one KB4577586. Afterwards it found 1903 but when it tried to install it, it failed with error code 0x80240034. According to update history it already attempted to update to 20H2 in mid-April but failed with the same error code.I restarted my PC and now it says that it's completely up-to-date but also:The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to c

:)

Neph., May 5, 2021
  2. pjscott51 Win User

Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready

I'm trying to update to 1903 but I get the message your device isn't quite ready.

I'm not sure why I'm getting this message since the PC is up to date with all the Windows updates.

Is there something else that I need to do to get the PC ready for 1903?

Thank,

Paul

pjscott51, May 5, 2021
  3. pjscott51 Win User
    Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready

Hi Andre,

I was just curious to why I was getting the your device isn't quite ready message.

I've already installed 1903 without any problems on another PC, laptop and tablet.

But I'll wait until the 1903 update is ready to install through Windows Update.

Thanks for the help,

Paul

pjscott51, May 5, 2021
  4. "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 5, 2021
Thema:

"Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!

1. "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?! - Similar Threads - Device isn't quite

2. An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep...: Today's windows update 28/04/21 for version 20H2 build 19042.928 is getting following message "An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now", any idea ?Many thanks...
  3. An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready: I left the pc after it needed to reboot after it installed I think this first update KB5000802, when I cam back all these were updated: KB4601554, SERVICING STACK 10.0.19041.860, KB4589212, UPDATE FOR REMOVAL OF ADOBE FLASH PLAYER Since then I have this message :"An...
  4. An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready: I left the pc after it needed to reboot after it installed I think this first update KB5000802, when I cam back all these were updated: KB4601554, SERVICING STACK 10.0.19041.860, KB4589212, UPDATE FOR REMOVAL OF ADOBE FLASH PLAYER Since then I have this message :"An...
  5. Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?: I'm getting the "We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite for it" message. I appreciate, that Microsoft doesn't force this update, when it would cause issues. But what specifically is blocking the update? The "Learn more" page was less...
  6. Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update: Hi. Just gone to the update screen and got the message that my machine isn't ready for the new update. I'm a stickler for keeping things up to date, drivers etc. and making sure nothing is running that doesn't need to be. It's a modern PC so that's not the issue. Is this more...
  7. An update is being prepared for your device, but it’s not quite ready yet

in Windows 10 News
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it’s not quite ready yet: [IMG]When I tried to run Windows Update on an old laptop that had not been updated for a long time, for one of the updates […] This article An update is being prepared for your device, but it’s not quite ready yet first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready

Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready: I'm trying to update to 1903 but I get the message your device isn't quite ready. I'm not sure why I'm getting this message since the PC is up to date with all the Windows updates. Is there something else that I need to do to get the PC ready for 1903? Thank, Paul...
  9. Device not ready to update to 1903

Device not ready to update to 1903: Got this message: [img] Updated (or better tried to update) to 1903 (from 1809), but when i landed in the update setting, i got this message (desktop). Wondering what prevented the update, i first pressed the "learn more" button hoping that it would say why it could not...
  10. Device not ready to opdate to 1903

Device not ready to opdate to 1903: Got this message: [img] Updated (or better tried to update) to 1903 (from 1809), but when i landed in the update setting, i got the same message (desktop, not laptop in my case). Wondering what prevented the update, i first pressed the "learn more" button hoping that it...