Windows 10: Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture

Discus and support Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on my devices list, i see my devcie and sommeone elses. When i go to magage the kiat i only see mine. What do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KatePartenio Gunton, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture

on my devices list, i see my devcie and sommeone elses. When i go to magage the kiat i only see mine. What do i do?

:)

KatePartenio Gunton, Oct 11, 2018

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture [​IMG]

putermaker, Oct 13, 2018
  4. 7IM
    7im Win User

Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

Thema:

Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture

1. Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture - Similar Threads - Device list shows

2. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  3. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  4. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  5. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  6. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  8. Unknown device in network listing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown device in network listing: I noticed a device that I did not recognize in my file explorer Desktop/Network The device named TB-EGARNER (my computer is Simone) Is this familiar to anyone and should I be concerned? [IMG]...
  9. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices: Hi...!!! I'm getting trouble with other devices option... I have to install Xbox 360 controller to my laptop but it's possible only through other or unknown devices.... So my laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices in device manager .... How can I get unknown...
  10. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager: I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are...