Windows 10: Device listed twice on MS site, and How to update my hardware information on MS site after...

Discus and support Device listed twice on MS site, and How to update my hardware information on MS site after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently replaced all of the hardware on my computer except the hard drive. I have a full NON preinstalled full Windows 8.1 pro, which MS upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenClayton1, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Device listed twice on MS site, and How to update my hardware information on MS site after...

I recently replaced all of the hardware on my computer except the hard drive. I have a full NON preinstalled full Windows 8.1 pro, which MS upgraded to Win 10 for free. After replacing the hardware, I had to contact MS to reactivate because the software reactivation was not working. They have done that, but when I go onto my account on MS and view my devices, my computer is listed twice. Also, it has the old hardware listed. I'd like to update the hardware MS has in their records to the new hardware. Anyone know how? Thank you.

:)

BenClayton1, Aug 12, 2018
  2. cereberus Win User

Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

cereberus, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Devices list under MS account

Hello

I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com

However now the XBOX one listing is missing. And it won't seem to re-appear. I tried checking for other devices and nothing picks up. I logged out of MS account and then back in on the XBOX one and still no joy. Any ideas why this might be occurring? I ended up manually registering the device and adding the serial number. Which after a while made it appear under 'my devices'. Although it still doesn't appear under 'Devices with apps and games that you downloaded from the Store', I can only see my PC still.

this is strange behaviour!

Scottyboy99, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Device listed twice on MS site, and How to update my hardware information on MS site after...

USB-mouse right click is not working in MS-Word 2016

Hi Jesus,

As you are facing issues with accessing the right click option on the MS programs, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does the same issue persists on Webpages as well?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of accessing the mouse for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Device listed twice on MS site, and How to update my hardware information on MS site after...

1. Device listed twice on MS site, and How to update my hardware information on MS site after... - Similar Threads - Device listed twice

2. Microsoft Family web site restriction over MS Edge browser

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family web site restriction over MS Edge browser: Hello, As suggested by Microsoft help section, I've removed Chrome from the computer and have started to use EDGE in my child's account. I've set everything up on Microsoft Family Safety and everything works fine. There are couple of things which doesn't work and I need them...
  3. Does MS family block sites on other browser like chrome ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does MS family block sites on other browser like chrome ?: HI i have installed MS family ion my kids comp, i have added the sites which intend to block , and they work perfectly well on MS edge , but now the main issue is when she uses Google chrome , she can access the same site which i have blocked on MS family , now first...
  4. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Browsers and Email
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  5. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  6. How and when is devices information seen in my MS account updated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How and when is devices information seen in my MS account updated?: I have two computers running Windows 10. One MS Surface Go running Windows Home and a desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro. When I check the devices listed under my MS account I'm told my desktop computer has pending updates even when it reports being up to date when I check...
  7. Odd change in MS account list of devices

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Odd change in MS account list of devices: I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things. 1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell...
  8. how old is this MS site?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how old is this MS site?: Software Downloads: MultiMedia Keyboard I am looking for the multimedia 1.0a keyboard drivers in MS. Would you believe this site is so old its not even got win 8, let alone 10. I want the package download I use to use on this keyboard. It still the best keyboard to use....
  9. Devices list under MS account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices list under MS account: Hello I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com However now the XBOX one listing is missing....
  10. Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers: Hi there anybody else experiencing this when trying to get the 9879 full install ISO (Windows Enterprise 9879). Host machine W8.1 with latest updates. Nothing to add -- can't see the Form to be filled in. Cheers jimbo 3239

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my phone is listed twice in my devices microsoft