Windows 10: Device Locked

Discus and support Device Locked in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Son is a minor, and the only user of a windows 10 computer. I have a family account and have restricted times per day for use and hours per day... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joseph Palermo, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Device Locked

My Son is a minor, and the only user of a windows 10 computer. I have a family account and have restricted times per day for use and hours per day screen time limits. about a week ago, his laptop stated saying "Times up---this device is locked because of your family settings for screen time" When he presses "Send a Request" he receives a message "Something went wrong---we were unable to send your request. are you connected to the internet?"

From my account, I have removed all is screentime and time of day restrictions, but the only thing I CAN do from his computer is confirm he IS CONNECTED to the internet. I cannot login as another user, I cannot reach the desktop or start bar, I cannot download a diagnostic software... how do I resolve this problem???

:)

Joseph Palermo, Jun 27, 2020

2. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jun 27, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Device Locked

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Device Locked

1. Device Locked - Similar Threads - Device Locked

2. How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.: I locked my device using the find my device section in my Microsoft account and now if i try to click sign in it just reloads the locked screen and dosent allow me to input my password....
  3. How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.: I locked my device using the find my device section in my Microsoft account and now if i try to click sign in it just reloads the locked screen and dosent allow me to input my password....
  4. How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account: I have a Windows 11 laptop. I inadvertently locked the laptop when I logged into my Microsoft Account and it showed the device was located in a different part of the Country from where I am located. After locking the device, I realized it was my personal laptop in my...
  5. How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account

How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account: I have a Windows 11 laptop. I inadvertently locked the laptop when I logged into my Microsoft Account and it showed the device was located in a different part of the Country from where I am located. After locking the device, I realized it was my personal laptop in my...
  6. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  7. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  8. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

9. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...
  10. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...