Windows 10: Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating

Discus and support Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a brand new laptop and have used it only for 3 days. It hang up because of a certain app, and ended up restarting the laptop. When it turned on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LenardHanpard, May 28, 2022.

1. Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating

I have a brand new laptop and have used it only for 3 days. It hang up because of a certain app, and ended up restarting the laptop. When it turned on, I can no longer navigate the touchpad. I uninstall the app as well but I still can't use the touchpad. What might be the reason?

:)

LenardHanpard, May 28, 2022
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 28, 2022
  3. Scatler Win User
    GPS Navigation device

Didn't really know how else i could call this topic, this should do i hope.

Back to question on hand - my dad bought a navigation (cheap one since in my country branded gps navigation devices cost way too much) and it is powered by Windows Embedded CE 6.0
    At some point i decided to upgrade the navigation software/maps and was unable to as naviextras toolbox doesn't recognize my device at all, and to top it all it isn't even listed as a supported one.
    Either way i managed to get new software/maps. The only question i wasn't able to resolve is how can configure windows embedded ce 6.0 ?

Thanks in advance. Any info is appreciated.

Additional info on the device:

Handhold Reference Board_A4
    AT101A 6.0
    Windows Embedded CE 6.0
    105 MB RAm
    ARM1136JF-S AT550
    480x272 Pixels, 65536 colors
    And i think it was made by sirfatlas.

Scatler, May 28, 2022
  4. Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating

Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it 3x and am still having difficulty wim (example of typed letters not showing up) with my keyboard and touch pad. some things are impossible to accomplish, such as choosing an item with my touchpad.

RobinRGregory, May 28, 2022
Thema:

Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating

1. Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating - Similar Threads - Device malfunction touchpad

2. Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating: I have a brand new laptop and have used it only for 3 days. It hang up because of a certain app, and ended up restarting the laptop. When it turned on, I can no longer navigate the touchpad. I uninstall the app as well but I still can't use the touchpad. What might be the...
  3. Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device malfunction: touchpad not navigating: I have a brand new laptop and have used it only for 3 days. It hang up because of a certain app, and ended up restarting the laptop. When it turned on, I can no longer navigate the touchpad. I uninstall the app as well but I still can't use the touchpad. What might be the...
  4. I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning: Hello, I have a new laptop and using it for 1 month already, I restarted it since the app I'm using hang up. Suddenly I cannot move around since the touch pad is not working. I need to use a mouse to navigate, but it would be better if I can have the touchpad working again....
  5. I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning

I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning: Hello, I have a new laptop and using it for 1 month already, I restarted it since the app I'm using hang up. Suddenly I cannot move around since the touch pad is not working. I need to use a mouse to navigate, but it would be better if I can have the touchpad working again....
  6. I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. touchpad malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad malfunction: hi , i own HP pavilion gaming 16-a0xxx. My touch doesnt work. the i2c hid device doesnt work and it says This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.please provide help....
  8. Touchpad malfunction

Touchpad malfunction: Hiya! I own a HP 15 laptop.I bought this laptop in November 2020.Recently I have been facing an issue with my trackpad being unresponsive.The cursor lags sometimes and sometimes completly refuses to move after i press ctrl+alt+delete and shut it down and boot it up the issue...
  9. Touchpad Malfunction...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Malfunction...: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop (with touchscreen), but ever since I installed the latest software update, my mousepad had been acting funny. Whenever I close and re-open the laptop, the mousepad becomes completely unresponsive. I’ve tried updating my drivers, I’ve tried...
  10. Touchpad Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a windows 10. I spilled water slightly on my touchpad, and now I cannot move my mouse, it spazzes out and I have to use the touch screen to click on anything. I cleaned up the water on the touchpad and whatever fell on the keyboard as well, but my keyboard is working...