Windows 10: Device Manager Access Blocked

Discus and support Device Manager Access Blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I Can't Use Device Manager. I Tried SFC In Command Port & I Changed My User Account, But It's The Same And It Doesn't Work. Please Help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ASHKANFEKRI, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Device Manager Access Blocked

Hi,

I Can't Use Device Manager.

I Tried SFC In Command Port & I Changed My User Account,

But It's The Same And It Doesn't Work.

Please Help Me.Device Manager Access Blocked [​IMG]

:)

ASHKANFEKRI, Mar 10, 2020

2. "Device Access Manager has denied access to CD/DVDs"

Hello Donald,

This error seems to be caused by HP Client Security/Device Access Manager blocking access to USB/external devices.

Upon further researching, "HP Device Access Manager allows an administrator to restrict and manage access to hardware. Device Access Manager can be used to block unauthorized access to USB flash drives where data could be copied. It can also restrict
    access to CD/DVD drives, control of USB devices, network connections, and so on."

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to enable access to your external flash drive:

1. Click or tap on Start, search for HP Client Security.

2. Under Device, click or tap Device Permissions.

3. In the Device Class, make sure to set the access to
    Allow-Full Access.

You may also try checking the Drive Security and see if your external drives are restricted:

Device Manager Access Blocked 456beceb-7cfc-4c64-8756-9d4e28dc9c32?upload=true.jpg

Device Manager Access Blocked 1612a583-4b66-406c-ae64-3cb8f3e53e07?upload=true.jpg

Note: "Standard user can view their current device access. Administrators can view and make changes to the device access that is currently configure for the computer by clicking or tapping Change, and then entering the Administrator
    password."

I would also recommend checking this link
    to learn more about using the HP Client Security.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Borolad57 Win User
    USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

Firstly apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and didn't have access to my PC.

I'm trying to check whether the webcam is blocked or not by following your instructions. I've followed Step 1 and 2 OK as requested. Your step 3 implies to me that I should now see a list of blocked apps in a box. However when I click on
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall what I get is a list of the allowed Apps and Features rather than a list of Blocked Apps. I cannot see webcam or anything similar in the list of allowed apps.

Did I follow your steps correctly. Am I missing something here?

Webcam is still classed as hidden in Device manage and the Camera App still cannot see it.

Regards

Borolad57, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Device Manager Access Blocked

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager Access Blocked What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Device Manager Access Blocked

1. Device Manager Access Blocked - Similar Threads - Device Manager Access

2. Can't access to my device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access to my device manager: Whenever I want to access in device manager,i got message that i don't have the administrator permission.But i am the owner of the pc.I checked settings everything is okay. My Hotmail account aldo singed in there...
  3. Can't access to my device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access to my device manager: Whenever I want to access in device manager,i got message that i don't have the administrator permission.But i am the owner of the pc.I checked settings everything is okay. My Hotmail account aldo singed in there...
  4. Cant access device manager and disk management and more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access device manager and disk management and more: Whenever i try to launch it, it says "C:\Windows\system32\mmcbase.DLL is either designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support....
  5. Cant access device manager and disk management and more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant access device manager and disk management and more: Whenever i try to launch it, it says "C:\Windows\system32\mmcbase.DLL is either designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support....
  6. device manager blocked for your protection mmc.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device manager blocked for your protection mmc.exe: 1. Problem An error occurred while trying to get access to the microphone: Hardware access error. 2. problem: Microphone doesnot work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-blocked-for-your-protection-mmcexe/a978eaf8-8194-4f2b-8174-1acb5fdc7a62
  7. Device Manager Access Denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Access Denied.: I restarted my computer and now when I open device manager it says "This App has been blocked for your protection". I am using an admin account. Whenever I try to get windows updates I get an access denied error as well....
  8. NO ACCESS TO DEVICE MANAGER mmc.exe

NO ACCESS TO DEVICE MANAGER mmc.exe: So when I try to open my device manager it gives me an error saying: "This app has been blocked for your protection." under that it says "mmc.exe" and below that it says Publisher: Unknown, File origin: Hard drive on this computer, Program location:...
  9. Access to device manager denied.

Access to device manager denied.: I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M426FDW (new) and HP ENVY Desktop – 750 (year old). I first tried to install the printer from supplied install cd. It came back with an error, took to long to install, stopping installed. In addition, I download the install software for the printer...
  10. Unable To Access Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why access denied problem happend in computer when try to open CD file