Windows 10: Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option

Discus and support Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; That's basicaly it. I wanna install a driver and I can't. I tried (and did) running devmgmt.msc as admin and it did not work!!!!!!!!! I got a win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joaoismyname, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option

That's basicaly it. I wanna install a driver and I can't.

I tried (and did) running devmgmt.msc as admin and it did not work!!!!!!!!!

I got a win10 64 bits, it is in Portuguese.

ajuda=help and it is the only option avaliable in that tab.

Thanks

Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option 8a4b2abc-4874-4875-8688-be6dddd83780?upload=true.png

:)

joaoismyname, Feb 10, 2019

2. The Device manager not working properly - can't select "Action" tab - no drop-down menu

Lost Audio, sound, bluetooth, camera, and microphone icons in the device manager after the 1709 upgrade. can't upgrade with drivers i there's nothing to select to update, de-, or re-install. One next step that was suggested was to select the "Action" tab
    in the device manager, and select "scan for hardware changes" from the drop-down menu. Tried; there is no action when i click action. No drop-down menu. Any suggestions?

Obviously something went wrong with the upgrade - my laptop worked great before it. I have reset and done two new clean installs with same result, it boots up with a red X next to the speaker symbol, and when i go in to the device manager all those features
    are missing.

Appreciate any help i can get,

Thanks

Catherine C_1919, Feb 10, 2019
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option

device manager

• RE: Device Manager
    • YOU SAY TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
    • Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
    • After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.
    • I BEG YOR PARDON, THE IS NO "Scan for hardware changes" Under the "ACTION" menu! There is only "HELP" UNDER THE "ACTION" Menu in Device Manager.
    • Where do I find this
      "Scan for hardware changes" option????

RobertStock1, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option

1. Device Manager "action" tab does not have "add hardware" option - Similar Threads - Device Manager action

2. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  3. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  4. New tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New tab in device manager.: Hello, thanks in advance for any help.I just installed a driver for my android phone, as I am trying to unlock the bootloader. But after installing this driver, a new tab labeled "Oculus Device" pops up, and under it is the driver I installed. I do have a Oculus VR headset,...
  5. add batteries to device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    add batteries to device manager: Continuing issue. A Lenovo desktop and APC BackUPS XS1000 do not communicate. There are no drivers and there is no batteries entry in Device manager. Attempting to install APC program stops as no battery found. This began when I first bought these two machines about 2016. I...
  6. Power management tab is missing in device manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power management tab is missing in device manager!: If i go to network adapters and open the properties of my wifi card IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz there is no power management tab. Another post said to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power in regedit, where I had to create a new DWORD called...
  7. Can't add legacy hardware in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add legacy hardware in device manager: For context, I am having issues with audio drivers on a laptop, nothing shows up in sound devices at all, I already tried to install/update the audio drivers (both the generic Windows one and Realtek's) to no avail. Some guides said to add legacy hardware on the device...
  8. Teredos Network Adapter not present in device manager add hardware list

Teredos Network Adapter not present in device manager add hardware list: I have been having a problem with adding the Teredos network adapter to my system. When I go to the add hardware prompt in the device manager Teredos network adapter is not an option for me to choose. I'm very lost and would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I've been...
  9. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...
  10. Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...: Hello, I am facing an issue where Power management tab in the device manager is not visible and in the Power tab the attached device is not listing. It will be great if i get the solution at the earliest. I tried changing different Power Plans but it did not helped me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no actions show in device manager windows 10

2. no actions list in device manager

3. device manager does not show action menu

4. Action Add hardware,
  5. no option to add legacy hardware windows,
  6. action under device manager no longer shows add legacy hardware,
  7. action in device manager only shows help,
  8. no actions in device manager,
  9. device manager no action menu,
  10. action tab in device manager does not have all options,
  11. device manager action,