Windows 10: Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup

Discus and support Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Posting this question so I can answer it for anyone else who runs into this issue since the older thread about this is now locked with no complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Teching Together, May 30, 2019.

1. Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup

Posting this question so I can answer it for anyone else who runs into this issue since the older thread about this is now locked with no complete solution listed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-startup/480ed799-b3d6-4481-ae4f-3270545b5bf3

Basically, the issue is that Device Manager is oddly in the Startup programs, so tries to start automatically whenever a user logs in. You don't notice with a local admin account, but standard users get a warning because they don't have admin privileges.

Seems to only impact:

• Windows 10
    • Computers from Refurbishers, so I'm guessing it's a leftover from some of their imaging techniques.

:)

Teching Together, May 30, 2019

2. Device Manager automatically opens on startup

I found a partial solution, but not a complete cure.

Launch Task Manager, and go to the Startup tab. It lists "devmgmt" as an app that launches on startup. You can disable that app.

NOTE: to do this, you must be logged in as an Admin user. A standard user does not have the necessary privileges to disable anything in Task Manager's startup list. Then when you sign out and log back in with standard user credentials the "devmgmt" app is
    still disabled at startup. This prevents the error and the launch of Device Manager.

I have not figured out why devmgmt is in the startup list in the first place. I would like to figure that out so it can be completely removed, rather than just disabled. It puzzles me how it got there at all. But, at least this eliminates the annoying error
    and Device Manager launch at startup.

Jeffrey esq, May 30, 2019
  3. itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 30, 2019
  4. Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup

1. Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup - Similar Threads - Device Manager Automatically

2. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  3. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  4. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can not open Device Manager

Can not open Device Manager: Hi Everyone: I have upgraded my Windows version to 2004OS Build 1904.1 and since then I can not open the device manager from within the control panel and windows shows a dialog box with this content : User Account Control This App. has been blocked for your protection....
  6. Update drivers automatically in device manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update drivers automatically in device manager?: Hey all, is there any way for me to check everything with just some clicks for drivers, instead of going through every single thing in device manager? submitted by /u/FHRNHTx [link] [comments]...
  7. Device Manager not opening Windows10

Device Manager not opening Windows10: Hi. My camera stopped working and I wanted to update the driver in Device Manager and my Device Manager didn’t want to open. I tried the scnnow and it still didn’t work. I booted in safe mode to test and it still didn’t work. My Windows Hello also stopped working. My...
  8. Unable to open Device Manager.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to open Device Manager.: Dear Microsoft, I am experiencing the following issues. When I try to open Device Manager, I get this:[IMG] And when I tried to open cmd.exe and regedit, I got the following messages: [IMG][IMG]...
  9. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77
  10. can not open the device manager

can not open the device manager: can not open the device manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/can-not-open-the-device-manager/ca966c04-3554-44ba-98d4-9e9b2d5d81d2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does device manager open when computer is switched on

2. Device manager autorun

3. open device manager from start up