Windows 10: Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet

Discus and support Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, with 2 GB Ram and 1.8 Ghz processor. Windows runs fine but my display isn't too goodGraphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Azlan R, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Azlan R Win User

Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet

Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, with 2 GB Ram and 1.8 Ghz processor. Windows runs fine but my display isn't too goodGraphics card - ATI Mobility Radeon x2300. When I went to Device Manager, it shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapterand not my graphics card name.

When I tried updating drivers, there's supposed to be an Internet update option "Windows will search your computer and the Internet to find...", but on my PC, it doesn't show the Internet update option.

Can anyone suggest a fix that preferably doesn't involve reinstalling Windows?

:)

Azlan R, Sep 20, 2020
  2. dtraiN187 Win User

device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet

Why does driver update software disagree with device manager?

On a whim, I installed IObit's driver updater. to my surprise. Instead of blindly following its suggestions, I used the device manager to update the drivers. Yet some updates that IObit's software listed were not found by device manager. Why is this?

user173724, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet

1. Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet - Similar Threads - Device Manager can't

2. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My device manager can't update my drivers: HelloI am trying to update the various drivers in device manager but whenever I try to update the top bar show up "Device Manager Not Responding"So can someone help me please....
  3. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device manager can't update my drivers: HelloI am trying to update the various drivers in device manager but whenever I try to update the top bar show up "Device Manager Not Responding"So can someone help me please....
  4. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager

Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager: Last night my all my bluetooth devices stopped working. When I run the troubleshooter it says that my device does not have bluetooth. In the device manager I can see bluetooth if I show hidden devices, but when I click on properties it it shows nothing. All of the devices...
  6. windows driver update can't be installed via device manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows driver update can't be installed via device manager: I have downloaded my Asus laptop driver files from Asus website and tried to install latest version of some drivers in device manager but it can't find my new update files anywhere in my computer also it can't find any update for drivers by searching online how can I solve...
  7. Can I make Device Manager Update Drivers from Internet with Group Policy Editor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I make Device Manager Update Drivers from Internet with Group Policy Editor?: I found that Windows 10 2004 removes the option for Device Manager to update drivers from the internet. Is there a way to turn this option back on in Group Policy Editor? submitted by /u/CaseyRedDragon [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager: I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it...
  9. Internet Router missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Router missing from Device Manager: Hi all, hoping someone can help? I am troubleshooting my abysmal WiFi speeds as my PC is fast becoming unusable. Having spoken to my ISP - I have split the signal on the router. The split has been done successfully visible on my mobile phone network options, however the...
  10. update drivers in device manager

update drivers in device manager: I need to update drivers, audio, keyboard, and more. Is it best to do this from device manager or elsewhere or not at all. 104015