Windows 10: Device manager continuous refresh

Discus and support Device manager continuous refresh in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; we have all seen the device manager refresh, mine refreshes ever 2 seconds or so. Win 10 version 2004, build 19041.450 win 10 pro upgraded from win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KX4SAM, Sep 12, 2020.

1. KX4SAM Win User

Device manager continuous refresh

we have all seen the device manager refresh, mine refreshes ever 2 seconds or so.

Win 10 version 2004, build 19041.450
    win 10 pro upgraded from win 7
    HP Z220 workstation

:)

KX4SAM, Sep 12, 2020

2. Bluetooth Failure: Intel Wireless Bluetooth continueously refreshes Device Manager and Bluetooth not on/enabled

After a BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT), Bluetooth no longer functions. I have a

HP
    15-bs132nr running Windows 10 Home that has recently been RMA'd for a WD hard drive crash,
    but this seems to be unrelated as I received it approximately a month ago with no issues (this is the first BSOD it has had.)

Some of the symptoms are as follows:

• Intel Wireless Bluetooth continuously refreshes (flashes) the Device Manager dialog. When disabled, the updates to the window stop.
    • Action Center no longer displays the Bluetooth Quick Action, and it no longer exists in settings.

It could be a hardware problem, but I'm hoping that it's a software issue so I don't have to RMA it again. It has sat motionless for over half the time. Device manager continuous refresh :(

Steps taken to attempt to alleviate the problem (in order):

1. Restart.
    2. Driver update (generic driver from Intel).
    3. Complete removal of the device and software (as recommended
      here
      ), and reinstallation. The laptop contains an
      Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

EricHallahan, Sep 12, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Device Manager continually resets

Hi Ed,

Do you mean Device Manager refreshes the list of devices?

If so, disconnect any peripherals connected to your PC - Printers, USB flash drives . . . etc.

Is the list still refreshing?

If so, check in Windows Updates in the Settings App to see if any device driver is trying to update . ..

DaveM121, Sep 12, 2020
  4. John Net Win User

Device Manager keeps refreshing - due to network adapters

Hi Timm,

Device Manager refresh tends to happen when a new hardware is plugged in or removed, whether its a flash drive, and/or etc. This also happens when a driver is not working properly in which the Device Manager attempts to refresh to restart the said driver.
    Plausible reason is that your Network adapter requires update since all this started right after upgrading to Windows 10. If you haven't done so, you can update it by following the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager and right click on Network Adapters.
    • On the drop down, click on "Update Driver".
    • Follow the instruction in the Update Driver Software wizard.

Also as an alternative check if this issue persist on Safe Mode. You can go to this link for the steps on how to boot to safe
    mode. You can also go to your PC manufacturer website for the latest driver update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Net, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Device manager continuous refresh - Similar Threads - Device manager continuous

2. Device manager keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager keeps refreshing: For the past month ive been experiencing this issue with my device manager refreshing every couple of seconds. While this is happening i am unable to play certain games like Dark souls III and Sekiro without them freezing every few seconds as well. I believe that i have...
  3. DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING

DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING: HI I HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH SEVERAL OF MY HP AND DELL LAPTOPS. BUT MOSLY MY HP WHIC I USE ALL THE TIME. NO ONE SEEMS KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I GO INTO THE DEVICE MANGER SCREEN IT STARTS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING. I WATCH VIDEOS ON THE PROBLEM BUT...
  4. Device manager continuous refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Device manager continuous refresh: we have all seen the device manager refresh, mine refreshes ever 2 seconds or so. Win 10 version 2004, build 19041.450 win 10 pro upgraded from win 7 HP Z220 workstation 164312
  5. Device Manager Keeps Refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager Keeps Refreshing: My device manager constantly refreshes and Ive narrowed it down to my internet. I found this by disabling all my services and reenabling them one by one. When my 'Network Store Interface Service' is disabled(which disables internet connections as well), it doesnt constantly...
  6. Device manager keeps refreshing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device manager keeps refreshing!: Every one or two seconds, my device manager refreshes. I've looked at a lot of forums and i've been able to track down what's causing the issue. My USB Root Hub (3.0) under USB controllers in device manager is the issue. I've tried to uninstall the root hub and it worked, but...
  7. Device manager keeps refreshing...

Device manager keeps refreshing...: I've had this problem for a long time now. Whenever i go in to device manager, all tabs refreshes. If anyone knows a fix to this i would be very very thankful!...
  8. Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing: Windows 10 Device Manger keeps on blinking every few seconds. 131931
  9. Bluetooth Failure: Intel Wireless Bluetooth continueously refreshes Device Manager and...

Bluetooth Failure: Intel Wireless Bluetooth continueously refreshes Device Manager and...: After a BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT), Bluetooth no longer functions. I have a HP 15-bs132nr running Windows 10 Home that has recently been RMA'd for a WD hard drive crash, but this seems to be unrelated as I received it approximately a month ago with no issues (this is the first...
  10. Device Manager refreshing on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager refreshing on its own: Tonight, I tried to look at my mouse properties in Device Manager. I wasn't able to do anything, because for some reason my Device Manager is refreshing every second. I can't click on anything and I don't know how to stop it from doing this. I don't have any idea where to...