Windows 10: Device Manager curiosity

Discus and support Device Manager curiosity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What is the significance of the digit 2 preceding these entries? [img] 145427 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stanley1961, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Device Manager curiosity

What is the significance of the digit 2 preceding these entries?

Device Manager curiosity [​IMG]

:)

Stanley1961, Nov 30, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager curiosity What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Nov 30, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Device Manager curiosity

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager curiosity

1. Device Manager curiosity - Similar Threads - Device Manager curiosity

2. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  3. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  4. A hopefully simple curiosity question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hopefully simple curiosity question...: Over the past few years and my last 2 or 3 laptops, I have always bought laptops with the largest hard drive I could get...right now, my current laptop has a 1TB SSD drive. I've done this because I've got tons of pictures and other documents for genealogy research, and have...
  5. A hopefully simple curiosity question...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hopefully simple curiosity question...: Over the past few years and my last 2 or 3 laptops, I have always bought laptops with the largest hard drive I could get...right now, my current laptop has a 1TB SSD drive. I've done this because I've got tons of pictures and other documents for genealogy research, and have...
  6. A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows: Hey there, Speed here.I was wondering if I could install Windows on a tablet using an installation media on a PC connected to the tablet.Is it possible to install Windows to the tablet using the PC with the installation media and then go to OOBE on the tablet?My installation...
  7. Disk Management Curiosity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management Curiosity: Please see the attached Disk Management profile. [ATTACH] I know that there will be an 'unlettered' small drive called 'System Drive' or as in the case of branded computers 'Recovery Drive', side by side with the 'C Drive'. I suppose to belong to the 'GPT' Windows...
  8. Curiosity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Curiosity: Can anyone tell me why when I run MRT --which takes a while on this computer it shows 1 whatever it refers to it as malware but at the end, it says nothing found. period. This happens often and all my other antimalware also reports a clean computer including Webroot and Win...
  9. just a curiosity

in Windows 10 Support
    just a curiosity: just for my amusement: System drive No hibernation file / page file 2.5 gigs / hidden items showing / hide OS Files unchecked / no restore points result nearly 60 gigs unaccounted for. [img] 133439
  10. A matter of curiosity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A matter of curiosity: I have just bought a new Asus ROG G750JM and getting it to accept 7 drivers without mucking around in the BIOS has made it only just usable - bog standard graphics and no USB ports etc etc Now a friend asked me why I didn't use the 8 it came with and my reason is because I...