Windows 10: Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything.

Discus and support Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone :) I've had a completely fine running Windows 10 on two PCs, but after the May 2019 1903 Update and using Disk Cleanup and removing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ahmadmob, May 29, 2019.

1. ahmadmob Win User

Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything.

Hello everyone Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything. :)

I've had a completely fine running Windows 10 on two PCs, but after the May 2019 1903 Update and using Disk Cleanup and removing the previous Windows installation (not sure if disk cleanup caused anything or has anything to do with this, just speculating and it's the only thing I did after the upgrade), the Update Driver function in the Device Manager doesn't search the internet anymore for new drivers on both PCs.

Just for info, on my work PC I did the 1903 upgrade and did everything the same as I did on my two home PCs and yet the work PC is working fine and device manager can see the internet fine. *Huh

When I click on "Update Driver" in the Device Manager -> "Search automatically for updated driver software", a window pops up and immediately (like one half second later or even less) after that the Driver Manager states: "The best driver is already installed" without searching the internet for an updated driver at all.

For testing purposes, I've installed an older driver for my graphics card and LAN card and I'm sure that there is in fact a newer one in the Windows Update Catalog which it should find, if it would work.

Under "System" -> "Advanced system settings" - > "Hardware" -> "Device Installation Settings" it is turned on (i.e. "Yes"), and there is no group policy defined, I made sure that all Registry and Group Policy settings responsible for this are set to default. That's basically all i could find regarding this issue.

You can see how exactly my problem looks like by disconnecting your internet completely and trying to update any device in Device Manager. In other words, Device manager thinks that I don't have internet at all which is so weird. I tried on wireless and on cable, both didn't work. Internet works fine for me on everything else and no any antivirus or firewall is installed.

Is there any log I could provide for more insight?

I've already run a "sfc.exe /scannow" which didn't detect any issues.
    I've also already run the DISM health... etc. cmds.

Other than that, everything else is fine.

Thanks in advance for any help. *Biggrin

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed it by making a shortcut: C:\Windows\System32\msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and let windows fix it for me. Weird... this is the first time a windows troubleshooter helps me. Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything. :p It said windows isn't configured to install drivers automatically. LOL
    This hardware and diagnostics isn't available on new Windows 10 settings starting from version 1803 so I had to make a shortcut with this parameter.

Cheers guys.

:)

ahmadmob, May 29, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, May 29, 2019
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, May 29, 2019
  4. Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything.

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything.

1. Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything. - Similar Threads - Device Manager doesn't

2. My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…: My internet connection hasn't worked since about October last year. I could only connect to the internet if I used my VPN Bitdefender, and that took several tries too. Since I haven’t used my pc in this time I ignored the problem. Now I need it for work and a friend and I...
  3. My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My IPv6 doesn't work. Tried everything…: My internet connection hasn't worked since about October last year. I could only connect to the internet if I used my VPN Bitdefender, and that took several tries too. Since I haven’t used my pc in this time I ignored the problem. Now I need it for work and a friend and I...
  4. I can’t see my internet I’ve tried everything the fiver is updated and I don’t know what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t see my internet I’ve tried everything the fiver is updated and I don’t know what...: Help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-internet-ive-tried-everything-the/041d0167-855d-4921-b689-11390eefaf32
  5. My device supports thunderbolt 4 but I don't see it in device manager. All I see is usb4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device supports thunderbolt 4 but I don't see it in device manager. All I see is usb4: My device supports thunderbolt 4 but I don't see it in device manager. All I see is usb4. Is this thunderbolt?The thunderbolt control center shows Controller driver version NA. I have updated bios and windows 11 is up to date. I am using ASUS TUF dash 15 i7 12th gen. On a...
  6. My device supports thunderbolt 4 but I don't see it in device manager. All I see is usb4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device supports thunderbolt 4 but I don't see it in device manager. All I see is usb4: My device supports thunderbolt 4 but I don't see it in device manager. All I see is usb4. Is this thunderbolt?The thunderbolt control center shows Controller driver version NA. I have updated bios and windows 11 is up to date. I am using ASUS TUF dash 15 i7 12th gen. On a...
  7. I can't see my touchpad in device manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't see my touchpad in device manager.: My touchpad is working but I can't see it in the device manager. I can't get access to precision touchpad settings. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 I had precision touchpad settings. Because the touchpad is not in the device manager I tried installing...
  8. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  9. My touchpad isn't working (device manager doesn't see it)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My touchpad isn't working (device manager doesn't see it): So my touchpad worked perfectly until I had to take my laptop to the service (the screen got damaged) and when I got it back I had to install windows 10 again. The problem is that my touchpad is not working anymore. I tried the Fn+F6 key combo, but nothing happend. The device...
  10. Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager doesn't see my internet at all and I tried everything.: Hello everyone :) I've had a completely fine running Windows 10 on two PCs, but after the May 2019 1903 Update and using Disk Cleanup and removing the previous Windows installation (not sure if disk cleanup caused anything or has anything to do with this, just speculating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no internet open 1903