Windows 10: Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device

Discus and support Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Lenovo IdeaPad I noticed today that the 'Universal Device Client Device' driver has an exclamation mark. What is this driver and what do I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OnlyAlex22, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device

On my Lenovo IdeaPad I noticed today that the 'Universal Device Client Device' driver has an exclamation mark. What is this driver and what do I need to? I press update but it says there's no available update. I can roll back the driver and then update it again, is that a good idea?

:)

OnlyAlex22, Jan 11, 2024

2. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

Which one do you think matters, an exclamation mark or a BSOD?
    I don't care about the exclamation marks.

Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device 318959d1613300813t-intel-mei-device-manager-exclamation-mark-exclamation-marks.jpg

Matthew Wai, Jan 11, 2024
  3. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

I have not installed Chipset Software Installation Utility, so my Device Manager shows exclamation marks. I am interested to know what the underlying problem is, if any.

Matthew Wai, Jan 11, 2024
  4. Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device

Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

Hello @imacken,

First we need to examine the ERROR in more detail . . .

Investigation / Solution:

[1] Goto Device Manager.
    [2] Expand the Problem Device.
    [3] Right-click the Problem Device and select Properties.
    [4] Select the Details tab.
    [5] Click the Property dropdown menu.
    [6] Select Hardware IDs.

• If the Value includes VEN_ and DEV_ [ PCI device ], OR, the Value includes VID_ and PID_ [ USB device ], then make a note of the four numbers after them.
    • If the Value does NOT include ANY of the above descriptions, then investigate on the WHOLE string first.
    [7] From the Property dropdown menu, also select Problem Code.

All the above information will allow you to better investigate and resolve the ERROR.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Jan 11, 2024
Thema:

Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device

1. Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device - Similar Threads - Device Manager exclamation

2. Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device: On my Lenovo IdeaPad I noticed today that the 'Universal Device Client Device' driver has an exclamation mark. What is this driver and what do I need to? I press update but it says there's no available update. I can roll back the driver and then update it again, is that a...
  3. Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager exclamation mark: Hey, i just put together a new system, updated drivers/chipsets etc whatnot from the ASUS site but there's still one device that's not recognized.Other device Unknown DeviceMotherboard is asus z790-h gaming wifii7 13700k cpuDevice instance path: ACPI\INTC1085\2&DABA3FF&0...
  4. Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Manager exclamation mark: Hey, i just put together a new system, updated drivers/chipsets etc whatnot from the ASUS site but there's still one device that's not recognized.Other device Unknown DeviceMotherboard is asus z790-h gaming wifii7 13700k cpuDevice instance path: ACPI\INTC1085\2&DABA3FF&0...
  5. Universal Device Client Device Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Device Client Device Not Working Properly: Following the latest Windows 11 update, my Universal Device Client Device isn't working properly - Windows can't load the driver required Code 31. I checked and the best driver is already installed. Should I roll-back to the previously installed driver or wait for Windows to...
  6. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark: I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there! I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark against it in DM. I am not sure which are the correct drivers to install as there seems to be so many out there. There are at...
  7. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark: I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there! I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark against it in DM. I am not sure which are the correct drivers to install as there seems to be so many out there. There are at...
  8. device manager yellow exclamation mark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device manager yellow exclamation mark: Hi when i turn on my device manager my display adapter has an exclamation mark i click on it so i have intel hd 4000 it has exclamation mark when i clcik on update driver it says i have latest drive and when i double click it it says working properly so what is the problem?...
  9. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644
  10. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644