Windows 10: Device Manager failure

Discus and support Device Manager failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to start Device Manager either from Control Panel or otherwise, it shows the blank Device Manager window for a second and then disappears. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StefanPaskell, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Device Manager failure

When I try to start Device Manager either from Control Panel or otherwise, it shows the blank Device Manager window for a second and then disappears. I have run scanhealth and restorehealth from the DOS window which did nothing, but reported corruption it scanhealth that could not be fixed. Until now no problems. Only MS Win 10 antivirus. Full scan did not resolve the problem. Win 10 troubleshooting does not resolve the problem. How to fix?

:)

StefanPaskell, Nov 23, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Nov 23, 2020
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager failure What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Nov 23, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Device Manager failure

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Device Manager failure

1. Device Manager failure - Similar Threads - Device Manager failure

2. Duplicate Keyboard listings in Device Manager cause failure to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Keyboard listings in Device Manager cause failure to connect: My Bluetooth Apple Magic keyboard does not work at startup. Each time, I have to connect it by USB cable, then remove it even though it is marked as "paired" and re-connect it by Bluetooth. There are two listings for an "HID Keyboard Device" in the Device Manager, but I have...
  3. Duplicate Keyboard listings in Device Manager cause failure to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Keyboard listings in Device Manager cause failure to connect: My Bluetooth Apple Magic keyboard does not work at startup. Each time, I have to connect it by USB cable, then remove it even though it is marked as "paired" and re-connect it by Bluetooth. There are two listings for an "HID Keyboard Device" in the Device Manager, but I have...
  4. Duplicate Keyboard listings in Device Manager cause failure to connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Task Manager Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Failure: Not actually sure what category this belongs to, but here we go!I'm struggling with a Task Manager error. I've restarted my PC a few times and it doesn't appear to be fixing it.I just right click on the Taskbar and then I click on the Task Manager Taskbar -> Task Manager and...
  6. Task Manager Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Failure: Not actually sure what category this belongs to, but here we go!I'm struggling with a Task Manager error. I've restarted my PC a few times and it doesn't appear to be fixing it.I just right click on the Taskbar and then I click on the Task Manager Taskbar -> Task Manager and...
  7. Boot failure on device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot failure on device: i just replaced hard drive with the faild one but i got Boot failure on deviceon monitore, i don’t have windows CD recovery, I downloaded from onlin when i have pucheased from Dell, Also my PC doesnt have CD driver. Please let me know what should i do. Thanks...
  8. Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -

Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -: Confronting with a series of Windows 10 driver update issues recently. The most recent one is as follows: Managing to update the graphics drivers 2 graphic interfaces: an AMD Radeon R5 M335 and an Intel HD Graphics 520 - integrated of my PC via Device Manager with the...
  9. Bluetooth Failure: Intel Wireless Bluetooth continueously refreshes Device Manager and...

Bluetooth Failure: Intel Wireless Bluetooth continueously refreshes Device Manager and...: After a BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT), Bluetooth no longer functions. I have a HP 15-bs132nr running Windows 10 Home that has recently been RMA'd for a WD hard drive crash, but this seems to be unrelated as I received it approximately a month ago with no issues (this is the first...
  10. BSOD (Video tdr failure) and error 43 Device Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (Video tdr failure) and error 43 Device Manager: Thank you! After using Nvidia driver from Dell (10.x.y.z this version was from 2015), I haven't seen blue screen up until now. However, I can't run my game (Cities Skylines), it has a crash window when I try to open it. Then I update the Nvidia (update, just download...