Windows 10: Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times?

Discus and support Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I had this problem before, and formatted my computer to try to start fresh and fix it. Unfortunately, Windows 10 has still decided it needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sollara, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Sollara Win User

Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times?

Hello!

I had this problem before, and formatted my computer to try to start fresh and fix it. Unfortunately, Windows 10 has still decided it needs to install drivers for everything. Again. And again. And again. Its like a hydra, I remove them and 10 more pop up.

Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? 773a5d3b-b50e-406a-b346-c26457f71fa5?upload=true.png Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? 4e25c9b5-b6b0-4eb4-b40a-fa93814e68e5?upload=true.png Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? b90dee47-ffd6-41ed-a951-06cd320d33a4?upload=true.png

It drives me insane. I want it to look right again, but it just comes back with a vengeance. Its never like this on a fresh install. I have the USB hub from the mobo, two hard drives (SSD and HDD), and a Cintiq. I don't have USB hubs from a case. Keyboard, mouse, PS4 controller. It was like this before I started playing games with the PS4 controller, so it didn't freak out from that.

I started getting BSOD daily, and I feel like its related to this. (The error stemming from a call driver error.) I really don't want to format the 3rd time this year. I use my computer to work, and its a pain in the booty to reinstall the 7-8 programs each time, especially when a few of them have lousy license servers that make me have to de-activate and re-activate each time.

How do I clear it out without resorting to russian roulette of deleting everything until my devices stop working? How do I stop it from reinstalling everything multiple times? Please help.

:)

Sollara, Sep 23, 2018

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Alstreim Win User
    Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager

Hello, everyone.

I noticed a problem in my keyboard recently, but i'm not sure if it's really on the keyboard, and might be in the windows or software related. The problem is that the keyboard randomly starts freezing, it's hard to explain with words, basically the keys do not operate in the way they should, i notice this problem usually when i'm playing games, where my "W" that should move my character forward continuously. does not, instead of doing what it's supposed to do my character goes forward while freezing along the way. When i unplug, and plug it again on the USB port, even on a different one, the keybord start to operate normally again, but randomly shows this problem from time to time. It's not only with the "W" key, was just an example.

I noticed something yesterday, i don't if it's supposed to be that way, and i can't find any information about, it's that on device manager it shows multiple devices on the keyboard section, when the device is connected, as it shows in the image below:

Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? [​IMG]

One more thing, is all of them looks like the same thing, but i'm not sure if they really are, image below:

Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? [​IMG]

If i uninstall all of them, except that one that i marked with purple, he is the 4th one in the first image, the keyboard still operates, i'm not sure if the problem is fixed by that, cause it does not happen all the time.

Now that i described everything, i want to ask 2 questions:

1) Showing these multiple devices is normal? Cause i plugged another keyboard, and it shows just 2 instead of 5, not sure but the 1st one in the first image is always there, even without not having any keyboard plugged. The other keyboard plugged, for tests, is just a normal one, and the one that i'm using and showing the "problem" is a Multilaser Warrior TC196. I've also plugged my keyboard into another computer, and he creates instantly all 4 devices (I'm excluding the first one that is always there for some reason).

2) If it's not, there's anyway that i can uninstall all those 4 others, except the one marked with purple, without allowing the windows to reinstall them after reset? I don't really know if this "multiple devices" is the problem, but i guess i could test uninstalling all of them, except the one that i mentioned and preventing the windows from reinstalling them somehow.

And if anyone has any another suggestion, already experienced this problem or similar, feel free to drop the suggestion here.

Thanks in advance

Alstreim, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times?

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times?

1. Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times? - Similar Threads - Device Manager has

2. Device Manager listed devices multiple times?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager listed devices multiple times?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ecco_exo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15y7lse/device_manager_listed_devices_multiple_times/
  3. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.: Hi!I need to disable a device in over 300 laptops in Device Manager, but I know there has to be better to disable it rather than going to all of them and physically touching it.Can this be done in Endpoint Manager? Maybe a PowerShell script? Any help would be greatly...
  4. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.: Hi!I need to disable a device in over 300 laptops in Device Manager, but I know there has to be better to disable it rather than going to all of them and physically touching it.Can this be done in Endpoint Manager? Maybe a PowerShell script? Any help would be greatly...
  5. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.: I currently have 8 HID Keyboard Devices under the keyboards tab in Device Manager on my Gateway Laptop and recently when I press 1, it comes out as 12, press 2 comes out 12, press S comes out AS, press A comes out AS etc. Today the A and S where just being pressed without...
  7. Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.: I currently have 8 HID Keyboard Devices under the keyboards tab in Device Manager on my Gateway Laptop and recently when I press 1, it comes out as 12, press 2 comes out 12, press S comes out AS, press A comes out AS etc. Today the A and S where just being pressed without...
  8. Manage Devices - Time schedule

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage Devices - Time schedule: I am using manage devices in connection with a schedule to limit the time available to my son on his gaming pc, which generally seems to be working okay, but the warnings & notifications are then interrupting / disrupting the online gaming several hours before the due times,...
  9. Multiple entries in Device Manager

Multiple entries in Device Manager: Hello. I have installed Win10 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (model A100-497) and I've got this. There are multiple instances in Device Manager mostly with error 12 (not enough resources). [img] Any ideas on how to fix this? Tried looking for a BIOS...
  10. Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager

Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager: Hello, everyone. I noticed a problem in my keyboard recently, but i'm not sure if it's really on the keyboard, and might be in the windows or software related. The problem is that the keyboard randomly starts freezing, it's hard to explain with words, basically the keys do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager drivers are repeted few times

2. multiple instances of devices in device manager windows 10

3. windows device is installed multiple times

4. device manager repeated com port