Windows 10: Device Manager inaccessible. MMC.exe has been blocked "for your protection"

Discus and support Device Manager inaccessible. MMC.exe has been blocked "for your protection" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Already done a search, tried to do all the fixes that are suggested to recover from this. Nothing helps. Why am I being blocked by my operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GargosTheMighty, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Device Manager inaccessible. MMC.exe has been blocked "for your protection"

Already done a search, tried to do all the fixes that are suggested to recover from this. Nothing helps.

Why am I being blocked by my operating system from my own device manager? I cannot reinstall my NVidia video drivers. I cannot install Windows Store apps, I am guessing for the same reason as the error code seems to suggest I am not activated. My machine is activated. My account is listed as an Administrator. Why must you make this so hard? Give me access to my system back!

:)

GargosTheMighty, Aug 21, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Inaccessible boot device

This is a Microsoft link on inaccessible boot device:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...le-boot-device

It is an intermediate level link.
    There are more advanced steps that can be ran once the partition structure is known.
    There are steps for repair of the boot sector, operating system, etc.
    Sometimes this bugcheck can be caused by windows updates.

A reset save files equivalent may be able to be performed.
    Alternatively a clean install can be performed once important files are backed up.

zbook, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Dlambert Win User
    Inaccessible boot device

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but maybe you can have a try. Windows operating system backups a working registry for recovery purpose. You can perform registry backup restoring to fix the inaccessible boot device error. The pre-condition is that you can access to the Advanced startup opotions of your PC. You'll need to use the command prompt.
    Also, steps are a little bit complicated. However, if you follow the guide strictly, no mistake should be made. You can Google how to restore from Registry Backup, or refer to this article for help. Inaccessible Boot Device Lenovo.
    Regards.

Dlambert, Aug 21, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Device Manager inaccessible. MMC.exe has been blocked "for your protection"

Micron Announces New 32GB E-MMC Devices

Continuing to deliver innovative storage solutions for mobile and consumer applications, Micron Technology, Inc. today announced their latest e-MMC embedded devices. At 32GB, they are the highest densities available on the market today and are fully compliant with MMC standards. In addition, these newest e-MMC devices from Micron take advantage of the company’s industry-leading 34nm MLC NAND process technology, and feature an extended temperature range (-40C to +85C) for automotive and industrial applications.

Device Manager inaccessible. MMC.exe has been blocked "for your protection" parametric_managed_nand_thm.png

Micron’s new e-MMC product offerings will give consumers a significant increase in storage capacity for songs, pictures, and video, while also providing advanced NAND management features for application designers to simplify product designs and speed time-to-market. Customer samples are expected by the end of August with mass production expected in the second half of this year.

“e-MMC NAND devices are an effective solution for the needs of many consumer applications like cameras, cell phones, PDAs, and automotive infotainment systems. As an example, a 32GB e-MMC can hold 16,000 high-resolution digital photos, 8,000 songs, or up to 20 hours of high-definition video,” said Graham Robinson, Director of Segment Marketing for Micron’s memory group. Micron’s e-MMC products also greatly simplify system design by removing the requirements of the host memory controller to support NAND software drivers and complex NAND management techniques, including error correction code (ECC), wear leveling, and bad block management—replacing all of this complexity with a simple and ubiquitous MMC interface.

In addition to the impressive storage and feature options, Micron is providing e-MMC products qualified at extended temperatures, which makes them ideal for in-dash applications like navigation systems and other automotive applications that require a more robust operating range. Further, the JEDEC-standard interface minimizes the need for host software to accommodate process node migrations. “Ultimately, because Micron manufactures NAND, we are able to capitalize on our outstanding process technology, well-established IP, and a deep commitment to forwarding NAND memory to bring products like this to market. In fact, we also have the capability to pair e-MMC devices with low-power DRAM in Multi-Chip Packages (MCPs). Ultimately, our recent move to the 34nm process was a major accomplishment and these product lines directly benefit from that innovation,” said Robinson.

Micron’s e-MMC embedded memory offerings span from 1GB to 32GB devices and combine high-quality MLC NAND Flash memory with a high-speed MultiMediaCard (MMC) controller in a low-profile BGA package that measures a mere 14mm x 18mm x 1.4mm. For additional information about e-MMC memory, please visit e.MMC Memory.

Source: Micron

malware, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager inaccessible. MMC.exe has been blocked "for your protection"

1. Device Manager inaccessible. MMC.exe has been blocked "for your protection" - Similar Threads - Device Manager inaccessible

2. MCC has been blocked for your protection, this also goes for device management, services...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MCC has been blocked for your protection, this also goes for device management, services...: MCC has been blocked for your protection, this also goes for device management, services and policies, I have no idea on how to solve this. I am the sole user of this computer, and I have adminstrative access yet I still can't access it....
  3. MCC has been blocked for your protection, this also goes for device management, services...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MCC has been blocked for your protection, this also goes for device management, services...: MCC has been blocked for your protection, this also goes for device management, services and policies, I have no idea on how to solve this. I am the sole user of this computer, and I have adminstrative access yet I still can't access it....
  4. This APP has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This APP has been blocked for your protection: Hello, This game I am playing has just had an update. I was trying to install it but it doesn't let me fully access the client loader. When Its finishing the update install the following error appears *Use Account Control This app has been blocked for your protection....
  5. 'this app has been blocked for your protection'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'this app has been blocked for your protection': the following box pops up when I go to use a program that has been on computer since February this year and used then as well. has not been used nearly 2 months, then go to use and this happens. I have norton on comp from before non-loading program was on comp box ......
  6. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: When ever I try to open Windows device manager I see this message : "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more info contact the administrator" MMC.exe But I am the administrator ! If not how to know it. I have disabled my antivirus still the same...
  7. Can't open device manager? "This app has been blocked for your protection."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open device manager? "This app has been blocked for your protection.": I have never had this problem before, I don't exactly know when or how it happened, but now I cannot access my device manager. Whenever I try to do so, an error message displays saying: "This app has been blocked for your protection." under that it says "mmc.exe" and below...
  8. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/2c72b92a-e3f3-41cb-b7c4-00537d4f75a0"
  9. MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...

MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...: So far I've tried everything I can. I checked for malware, changed the security settings and took ownership of it, but it didn't help. I've disabled smart screen and changed the UAC settings, reset the local security policy to default and chacked in group policy if there are...
  10. This app has been blocked for your protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection: The latest update of Win 10 has obviously tightened up security . . . to the point where it won't allow me run SqlBackUpandFTP any more. I logged in as the (hidden) Administrator and got it working there OK, but when I Logged in as myself again, it still wouldn't work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this app has been blocked for your protection mmcexe

2. device manager blocked for your protection