Windows 10: Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing

Discus and support Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Device Manger keeps on blinking every few seconds. 131931 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepegotsi, May 3, 2019.

1. pepegotsi Win User

Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing

Windows 10 Device Manger keeps on blinking every few seconds.

:)

pepegotsi, May 3, 2019

2. Device manager keeps refreshing

Thanks. I uninstalled the driver then installed the top driver on this list. Assumed it was the latest.

Now the device manager refreshes again with the yellow exclamation mark appearing and disappearing in between refreshes.

Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing 8687e325-d026-4abd-8094-edcd33f0eebe.jpg

Paul740329, May 3, 2019
  3. John Net Win User
    Device Manager keeps refreshing - due to network adapters

Hi Timm,

Device Manager refresh tends to happen when a new hardware is plugged in or removed, whether its a flash drive, and/or etc. This also happens when a driver is not working properly in which the Device Manager attempts to refresh to restart the said driver.
    Plausible reason is that your Network adapter requires update since all this started right after upgrading to Windows 10. If you haven't done so, you can update it by following the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager and right click on Network Adapters.
    • On the drop down, click on "Update Driver".
    • Follow the instruction in the Update Driver Software wizard.

Also as an alternative check if this issue persist on Safe Mode. You can go to this link for the steps on how to boot to safe
    mode. You can also go to your PC manufacturer website for the latest driver update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Net, May 3, 2019
  4. Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing

Device manager keeps refreshing

Hi Paul,

You can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. If you’re running Windows 10 (Version 1703), use the Bluetooth troubleshooter to try to fix Bluetooth problems.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
      Open Troubleshoot settings
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.
    ( To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, select the
    Start
    Windows logo Start button button and then select
    Settings
    Gear-shaped Settings icon. In Settings, select
    System
    > About. )

2. Check Device Manager to make sure you have the latest Bluetooth drivers installed.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, select it from the list of results, and then expand
      Bluetooth in Device Manager.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth radio, then select
      Update driver
      > Search automatically for updated driver software.

3. Bluetooth might not appear in Device Manager if the existing Bluetooth driver isn’t compatible with Windows 10. Try these steps to find a compatible driver:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, select it from the list of results, and then expand
      Other devices in Device Manager.
    • Select the unknown device, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Details tab, and then select Hardware Ids from the
      Property list.
      Look for the hardware ID for the Bluetooth radio. The hardware ID typically looks like this, where
      {ID} is a series of numbers and/or letters: USB\VID_{ID}&PID_{ID}

Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing 27203_en_1.png

• Press and hold (or right-click) the hardware ID, and then select
      Copy
    • Search on the web for the hardware ID you copied to try finding the name of the Bluetooth radio manufacturer. After that, visit the Bluetooth hardware or your PC manufacturer’s website to download a Bluetooth driver that’s compatible with Windows
    Unknown device properties

4.Press and hold (or right-click) the hardware ID, and then select Copy.

5.Search on the web for the hardware ID you copied to try finding the name of the Bluetooth radio manufacturer. After that, visit the Bluetooth hardware or your PC manufacturer’s website to download a Bluetooth driver that’s compatible with Windows 10.

Hope this helps...

Angelito_L, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing

1. Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing - Similar Threads - Device Manager Keeps

2. Device Manager keeps refreshing constantly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Device Manager keeps refreshing constantly in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If the Device Manager keeps refreshing constantly in Windows 11/10, here is how to fix the issue. There could be various reasons why the Device Manager is kept on refreshing continuously. Here we have discussed some of the most common reasons along with solutions so...
  3. Device manager keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager keeps refreshing: For the past month ive been experiencing this issue with my device manager refreshing every couple of seconds. While this is happening i am unable to play certain games like Dark souls III and Sekiro without them freezing every few seconds as well. I believe that i have...
  4. device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers

device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers: i have hp laptop windows 10 ops and dell inspirion 3580 laptop windows 10 both these laptop have same problem. device manager screen keeps flickering/refreshing. i received instructions how to resolve this problem but it did not work.can anyone out there help me. janet r...
  5. DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING

DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING: HI I HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH SEVERAL OF MY HP AND DELL LAPTOPS. BUT MOSLY MY HP WHIC I USE ALL THE TIME. NO ONE SEEMS KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I GO INTO THE DEVICE MANGER SCREEN IT STARTS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING. I WATCH VIDEOS ON THE PROBLEM BUT...
  6. device manager keeps refreshing on windows 10

device manager keeps refreshing on windows 10: my device manager keeps refreshing but when i check all devices are working properly the only devices with yellow warning triangles with exclamation mark are 1. The display adapters IntelR HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidea GE Force GT525M 2.IDE ATA/ATAPI controller Intel R...
  7. Device Manager Keeps Refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager Keeps Refreshing: My device manager constantly refreshes and Ive narrowed it down to my internet. I found this by disabling all my services and reenabling them one by one. When my 'Network Store Interface Service' is disabled(which disables internet connections as well), it doesnt constantly...
  8. Device manager keeps refreshing! (I found the cause)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device manager keeps refreshing! (I found the cause): My device manager refreshes every 1-2 seconds and I've been able to track down the cause. An "Unknown USB Device" pops up under USB Controllers in the device manager. I've tried to disable it and uninstall it, and it just reinstall itself when the Device Manager refreshes....
  9. Device manager keeps refreshing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device manager keeps refreshing!: Every one or two seconds, my device manager refreshes. I've looked at a lot of forums and i've been able to track down what's causing the issue. My USB Root Hub (3.0) under USB controllers in device manager is the issue. I've tried to uninstall the root hub and it worked, but...
  10. Device manager keeps refreshing...

Device manager keeps refreshing...: I've had this problem for a long time now. Whenever i go in to device manager, all tabs refreshes. If anyone knows a fix to this i would be very very thankful!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager keeps refreshing

2. device manager keeps refreshing windows 10

3. windows 10 device manager keeps refreshing

4. device manager windows 10 keeps refreshing,
  5. device manager constantly refreshes,
  6. device manager refreshing,
  7. device manager keep refreshing,
  8. device manager constantly refreshing,
  9. device manager blinking,
  10. device mnager keeps on falshing,
  11. device manager refreshes constantly,