Windows 10: Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help.

Discus and support Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings. When I started to encounter a problem regarding Dark Souls III I started to troubleshoot and managed to find out that Dark Souls III... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sucharek, Aug 16, 2019.

1. sucharek Win User

Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help.

Greetings.

When I started to encounter a problem regarding Dark Souls III I started to troubleshoot and managed to find out that Dark Souls III doesn't like when devices get connected and disconnected from your system. When I took a closer look to the device manager it was refreshing every few time stamps. I even measured the time between the refreshes and it's always exactly every 30 seconds. Luckily Windows is kind enough to open the corresponding Tab in which devices get plugged in and out and I found out that the refresh is caused by my Ethernet Connection. By plugging out my LAN-Cable which is connected to my DLAN Adapter the refreshing stops. So I found the culprit, the Ethernet connection.

Problem is: I'm very inexperienced regarding finding the real problem behind it and to fix it. I was only able to minimize the window of possible reasons why this is occuring. So can anyone help me to solve this problem? I'm using a 500 Mbps DLAN Adapter from Devolo btw if that helps.

:)

sucharek, Aug 16, 2019
  2. John Net Win User

Device Manager keeps refreshing - due to network adapters

Hi Timm,

Device Manager refresh tends to happen when a new hardware is plugged in or removed, whether its a flash drive, and/or etc. This also happens when a driver is not working properly in which the Device Manager attempts to refresh to restart the said driver.
    Plausible reason is that your Network adapter requires update since all this started right after upgrading to Windows 10. If you haven't done so, you can update it by following the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager and right click on Network Adapters.
    • On the drop down, click on "Update Driver".
    • Follow the instruction in the Update Driver Software wizard.

Also as an alternative check if this issue persist on Safe Mode. You can go to this link for the steps on how to boot to safe
    mode. You can also go to your PC manufacturer website for the latest driver update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Net, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10/Device Manager keeps refreshing

My device manager in Windows 10 keeps refreshing every few seconds. I read somewhere that it could most likely be due to a USB connection. However I tried removing all my USB devices and it still kept refreshing.

Is there a log or something I can view so that I can see what is causing the issue? In it's current state I can not use device manager because it constantly refreshes, this gives me a few second window to check a devices properties.

What can I do? Please don't say re-install Windows 10, that's not a guaranteed fix.

AnthonyZito1, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help.

Windows 10/Device Manager keeps refreshing

Hi,

We try almost everything, I was research in our community and I found this solution by Vinodh.V,:

This might be caused due to following reasons:

1. Third party application conflict.

2. USB port or connected device malfunction.

3. What is the make and model of the computer?

4. When did you encounter this problem?

5. Did you recently make any changes to the computer?

Device manager will refresh every time a device is added or removed. This may also happen if the USB devices is loose or defective

Please follow the below suggestions and check if it helps:

Method 1: Clean boot

This process will disable all the third party application and enable only Microsoft services.

This is to check if the issue is caused by any third party applications.

How to perform clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Method 2: Remove all the USB and external storage devices connected to the computer

This step is the check if the issue is caused due to any USB or external storage devices.

In case didn't work, I suggest to rollback the Windows up date to the previous version. below, I attach the link with the procedures:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-uninstal...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help.

1. Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help. - Similar Threads - Device Manager keeps

2. Device manager keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager keeps refreshing: For the past month ive been experiencing this issue with my device manager refreshing every couple of seconds. While this is happening i am unable to play certain games like Dark souls III and Sekiro without them freezing every few seconds as well. I believe that i have...
  3. device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers

device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers: i have hp laptop windows 10 ops and dell inspirion 3580 laptop windows 10 both these laptop have same problem. device manager screen keeps flickering/refreshing. i received instructions how to resolve this problem but it did not work.can anyone out there help me. janet r...
  4. DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING

DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING: HI I HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH SEVERAL OF MY HP AND DELL LAPTOPS. BUT MOSLY MY HP WHIC I USE ALL THE TIME. NO ONE SEEMS KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I GO INTO THE DEVICE MANGER SCREEN IT STARTS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING. I WATCH VIDEOS ON THE PROBLEM BUT...
  5. device manager keeps refreshing on windows 10

device manager keeps refreshing on windows 10: my device manager keeps refreshing but when i check all devices are working properly the only devices with yellow warning triangles with exclamation mark are 1. The display adapters IntelR HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidea GE Force GT525M 2.IDE ATA/ATAPI controller Intel R...
  6. Device Manager Keeps Refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager Keeps Refreshing: My device manager constantly refreshes and Ive narrowed it down to my internet. I found this by disabling all my services and reenabling them one by one. When my 'Network Store Interface Service' is disabled(which disables internet connections as well), it doesnt constantly...
  7. Device manager keeps refreshing only when connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device manager keeps refreshing only when connected to the internet: I've tried using a wireless adapter and ethernet, but no luck. I've tried old and new drivers for the wireless adapter too. This causes games to stutter making them unplayable. Any advice is much appreciated!...
  8. Device manager keeps refreshing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device manager keeps refreshing!: Every one or two seconds, my device manager refreshes. I've looked at a lot of forums and i've been able to track down what's causing the issue. My USB Root Hub (3.0) under USB controllers in device manager is the issue. I've tried to uninstall the root hub and it worked, but...
  9. Device manager keeps refreshing...

Device manager keeps refreshing...: I've had this problem for a long time now. Whenever i go in to device manager, all tabs refreshes. If anyone knows a fix to this i would be very very thankful!...
  10. Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing: Windows 10 Device Manger keeps on blinking every few seconds. 131931

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager is keep refreshing