Windows 10: Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,...

Discus and support Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is the second time I've had this problem this week. The first time I could not connect to the internet and quickly realized my network adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HydroCookieZ, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,...

This is the second time I've had this problem this week. The first time I could not connect to the internet and quickly realized my network adapter driver had a problem. I uninstalled and rebooted my computer and reinstalled the driver and my internet worked perfectly. However, today my driver stopped working again and I could not connect to the internet. This time when I went to check the device manager and uninstalled it and rebooted my computer like I did the day before. However, for some reason, it didn't reinstall itself like I've been told it should. I decided to launch my driver support app and it is apparently telling me the network adapter driver is installed and is up to date. I have also tried searching through the unknown devices drivers I have, which all ended up being drivers for peripherals. I also tried reinstalling by "add legacy hardware". This is how I was able to reinstall my driver the previous time. However, this time when I go manufactures>Intel, the network adapter driver I need is not there. I remember previously, there were more manufacturers to choose from and that there was a 2nd intel section which included my driver.

How can I reinstall my driver without having to connect to the internet?

The network adapter driver in question is the Intelr dual-band wireless-ac 3168

:)

HydroCookieZ, Apr 12, 2020

2. Network adapters show up in device manager but not network connections

Hi Benxas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you connect to Wired/Wireless network?

If you are connected to wireless network the I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

If you are Connected to wired connection, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters, right-click your Broadcom adapter, and select
      Properties.
    • In the Driver tab, click Driver Details.
    • Under Driver files, if the path listed ends with either k57nd60a.sys or k57nd60x.sys, or a variant of this file name, then please continue with the solution provided below.
      If it does not match these file names, the proposed workaround is not likely to resolve your issue.
      Please post the make and model of your PC, along with the driver file name, and the Driver Date and Driver Version listed in the Driver tab, along with an explanation of the symptom you are experiencing.

If the name of your Broadcom driver matches k57nd60a.sys or k57nd60x.sys, to resolve your problem:
    • Return to the Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters, right-click your Broadcom adapter, and select
      Properties.
    • In the Advanced tab, look for and select the property, “Receive Side Scaling”.
      Set it to Disabled, and click OK.
    • You may need to reboot your computer.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 12, 2020
  3. jwblue Win User
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

Thank you for the help.

Ok. I was able to uninstall the Intel driver and uninstall the Lenovo Driver. Still not working.

I feel I should give a brief but full progression of the issue. It is a little bizarre.

• Initially in the network connection icon in the Windows taskbar there was a red X. In Device Manager on the icon for the adapter there was an exclamation point. What is weird is in Network and Internet Settings t the adapter was not there. Usually if it appears in Device Manager it also appears in the Network and Internet Settings in the same manner as in Device Manager. It might be a clue as to what is going on.

• After the Power Cycle there was a change in Device Manager. This seems bizarre. Initially the adapter did not appear. Then I selected "Show Hidden Devices" and it appeared but was dimmed. Then I am not sure how but it disappeared and another adapter showed. I do not remember the full name of the adapter. It was "Microsoft ______ Adapter". Then that disappeared. I do not recall the middle word but think it began with T. It is a word I have never seen. I believe it was something like "Targon".

Even though the Troubleshooter indicated it was a hardware issue I still believe it is a Windows issue.

jwblue, Apr 12, 2020
  4. balvinder Win User

Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,...

Network adapter missing from device manager Acer Aspire E1-570

Hi,

in morning i had left my PC in perfectly working condition but in the evening when i checked my wifi router was blasted (don't know why) & i had missing wifi & network adapters under device manager.

I have solved wifi issue by installing acer support drivers hence my internet connectivity is back but i am not able to use ethernet port.

Below are the snapshot of CPU-Z for all tabs:

Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,... [​IMG]

Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,... [​IMG]

balvinder, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,...

1. Device Manager network adapter driver is missing and cannot connect to internet, however,... - Similar Threads - Device Manager network

2. The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...: The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in Windows 10 Version: 10.0.19045. Please share the link to download the driver...
  3. The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...: The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in Windows 10 Version: 10.0.19045. Please share the link to download the driver...
  4. The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  6. Power management tab missing in network adapters driver details under device manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power management tab missing in network adapters driver details under device manager: What else missing 1. Network connection option is missing in Power & Sleep settings 2. Wireless Adapter settings in Change advanced power settings.What I've tried so far1. Adding this CsEnabled, Base Hexadecimal & Value Data 0 attribute under...
  7. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  8. Network adapters are missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapters are missing from device manager: So I think my personal notebook was left on for a week or two and today when i opened it, there was no network + a few other things. 1) completely no network adapters (i dont use LAN, only wifi) 2) audio driver is installed but not working 3) mouse driver is not installed...
  9. Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my HP laptop. I recently reloaded Windows 10 using a Windows 10 installation mediaUSB. After reloading, I found that the wifi adapter is missing in the device manager. [ATTACH] Due to this I am unable to connect to any Wifi network. The network...
  10. Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc: So originally I upgraded my mini PCI card and was trying to get that working... It was recognized in the device manager but not the network connections.. I could not see the adapter to use or enable/disable etc despite having the drivers up to date. Now I have my old card...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network adapter driver