Windows 10: Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab

Discus and support Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus Zenbook with 8G and 256 SSD running Windows 10 home v1903. Often, but not always, when I open the lid the PC is no longer connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toronto Cat, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab

I have an Asus Zenbook with 8G and 256 SSD running Windows 10 home v1903. Often, but not always, when I open the lid the PC is no longer connected to the Internet. I then disconnect and reconnect to my network to continue.
    I have searched for fixes. One fix often recommended seems to be:
    Device Manager/Network Adapter/(select adapter)/Properties/Power Management tab
    Then uncheck "Allow this computer to turn off device". However, I don't have the Power Management tab to allow me to proceed to the fix. I have also tried changing the Power Options for the PC from Balanced to another, to see if that change might add a Power Management tab, but noticed I don't have any other Plans to choose from. Perhaps these issues are related.
    I tried to add another Power Option Plan in the event that that might help, and ended up with 2 identical Balanced Plans. And I cannot delete the 2nd.
    Finally, when I compare the Network Adapters in my Asus with those in my Dell, I found the following:
    Asus only has a Broadcom adapter. My Dell has a Broadcom and an Intel adapter. Is my Asus missing an Adapter that it might require.
    Any help is appreciated.

:)

Toronto Cat, Jun 9, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab [​IMG]

putermaker, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab

Wireless adaptor does not appear in device manager

Hello Dave,

Kindly follow the steps from the link which I have provided earlier. The issue you are facing is because Windows is not bale to register the network device on the system. First follow the steps below and then follow the steps from the link which I have provided
    earlier.

• Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    • Right-click the Network device and click Properties. On the
      General
      tab of the device Properties dialog box, in
      Device status
      , you should see the message This device is working properly.

Next follow the steps from the link provided earlier.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab

1. Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab - Similar Threads - Device Manager Network

2. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  3. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  4. how to change the network adaptor advance tab values and power management tab values by...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change the network adaptor advance tab values and power management tab values by...: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-network-adaptor-advance-tab/813310b0-959d-47ea-b5e6-ae9cc2216969
  5. how to change the network adaptor advance tab values and power management tab values by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the network adaptor advance tab values and power management tab values by...: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-network-adaptor-advance-tab/813310b0-959d-47ea-b5e6-ae9cc2216969
  6. how to change the network adaptor advance tab values and power management tab values by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Power management tab is missing in device manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power management tab is missing in device manager!: If i go to network adapters and open the properties of my wifi card IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz there is no power management tab. Another post said to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power in regedit, where I had to create a new DWORD called...
  8. Power Management tab in Device Manager not available?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Management tab in Device Manager not available?: I would like to use the Wake on LAN feature of Teamviewer to remotely boot my computer. For this purpose, the network card must not be switched off in energy-saving mode or in shutdown mode. You can set this in the device manager under the tab Energy Management of the network...
  9. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...
  10. Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...: Hello, I am facing an issue where Power management tab in the device manager is not visible and in the Power tab the attached device is not listing. It will be great if i get the solution at the earliest. I tried changing different Power Plans but it did not helped me...