Windows 10: Device manager not showing all devices

Discus and support Device manager not showing all devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; portable disc drive is not found in device manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 96farm, Oct 2, 2018.

1. 96farm Win User

Device manager not showing all devices

portable disc drive is not found in device manager.

:)

96farm, Oct 2, 2018

2. device manager not showing correct cpu

this one has me confused, .When i look in device manage under processors it is still showing my old q8200 cpu and ive upgraded to the q9650. why would it not show this in device manager? , The bios shows it, cpuiz shows the q9650, the vista basic information shows it but not under device manager/ should I be concerned about this ? any ideas would be great thanx Dragon

DTV DRAGON, Oct 2, 2018
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device manager not showing all devices What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Device manager not showing all devices

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Device manager not showing all devices

1. Device manager not showing all devices - Similar Threads - Device manager showing

2. HP Fingerprint Device not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Fingerprint Device not showing in device manager: Hello. I have an HP Elitebook 745 G5. My fingerprint reader isn't showing in device manager at all yes the integrated one. Maybe there is a driver I need to install or a BIOS setting? I don't know, so please help....
  3. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  4. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  5. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  6. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager

Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager: I have lost my BT capability on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Gaming mobo. The BT device no longer shows in DM. This is what I have tried: - reinstall drivers - flash different BIOS, i.e. revert to previous version - use rapr.exe to remove old BT drivers and reinstall - looked in...
  8. Touchpad device not showing up in device manager

Touchpad device not showing up in device manager: [ATTACH] I just installed windows 10, and i can't find my touchpad, i can't even find touchpad in the windows settings.[ATTACH] I tried to install a driver for my touchpad but i can't find one. Can someone please send me a link of a driver or tell me how to fix this...
  9. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  10. Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.

Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything works fine apart from this. I have Garmin edge 510 and 200 cycle computers, when plugged into the computer they are seen by windows and show up in device manager under disk drives. (as they should) However they do not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memory technology devices

2. Memory Technology Devices...