Windows 10: Device Manager not showing camera drivers

Discus and support Device Manager not showing camera drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My HP Notebook - 14-am091tu webcam stopped working a few months ago so I went into Device Manager to take a look at the driver but i can't find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fineby_me, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Device Manager not showing camera drivers

My HP Notebook - 14-am091tu webcam stopped working a few months ago so I went into Device Manager to take a look at the driver but i can't find it anywhere.

I tried downloading the driver from the hp website but their list of drivers does not include the camera. What do i do to get my camera working again?

submitted by /u/fineby_me
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fineby_me, Oct 13, 2020

2. Camera not showing device manager

Please help me as my camera is not working. While checking the device manager camera is not showing. Even after enabling "Show hidden devices" its not displaying in the list. I restarted my computer still its not showing. My Laptop Lenovo Ideapad z480,
    Model Number: 20134

ShaheemMohammed, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Kiera_342 Win User
    My Built In Camera is not Showing in Device Manager

Hi,

I have a Windows version 1909.

I checked Device manager show hidden devices and my camera is not listed there either.

Also the Allow apps to access your camera is on.

Kiera_342, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Device Manager not showing camera drivers

Integrated Camera not working, no imaging devices in device manager

Hello,

This issue may arise if the driver of the camera is outdated. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Install updates from the manufacturer.

• Open the Device Manager on your PC.
      • In Windows 10, enter Device Manager in the search box next to Start, and then select Device Manager in
        the results.
      • In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move
        the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.) Then enter Device Manager in the search box, select Settings, and select Device Manager in
        the results.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click the camera that's having problems, and select Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the on-screen instructions. This might include restarting your PC.
    Method 2: Install your PC's default drivers.
    • Open the Device Manager on your PC.
      • In Windows 10, enter Device Manager in the search box next to Start, and then select Device Manager in
        the results.
      • In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move
        the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.) Then enter Device Manager in the search box, select Settings, and select Device Manager in
        the results.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click the camera that's having problems, and select Update Driver Software.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Select USB Video Device, select Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions. This might include restarting your PC.
    If the issue persists, kindly contact your device manufacturer for better assistance.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Device Manager not showing camera drivers

1. Device Manager not showing camera drivers - Similar Threads - Device Manager showing

2. Camera isn't showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera isn't showing in device manager: Hi, my camera isn't working also im not able to see camera section device manager and i tried downloading driver manually but im not able to see in acer site and acer says camera driver is provided by microsoft > please help...
  3. My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either: My windows 11 lenovo ideapad slim 3, is not detecting camera, its not there in device manager as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-driver-is-not-showing-in-the-device/c6bfb68e-6cba-4b99-8f1d-edf7535e64de
  4. My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either: My windows 11 lenovo ideapad slim 3, is not detecting camera, its not there in device manager as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-driver-is-not-showing-in-the-device/c6bfb68e-6cba-4b99-8f1d-edf7535e64de
  5. My Camera does'nt work suddenly, and the device manager not show the camera driver or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Camera does'nt work suddenly, and the device manager not show the camera driver or...: i have try every single problem solving from youtube and still doesnt work, i'm already update the driver, reset and repair, ets still same result....
  6. My Camera does'nt work suddenly, and the device manager not show the camera driver or...

My Camera does'nt work suddenly, and the device manager not show the camera driver or...: i have try every single problem solving from youtube and still doesnt work, i'm already update the driver, reset and repair, ets still same result....
  7. camera driver is not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera driver is not in device manager: my camera was not working so i tried troubleshooting and unfortunately the camera was not found in the device manger eventhough i tried every possible way to find the device in the device manger and tried the option given in the help button. I even tried options which was...
  8. camera driver is not in device manager

camera driver is not in device manager: my camera was not working so i tried troubleshooting and unfortunately the camera was not found in the device manger eventhough i tried every possible way to find the device in the device manger and tried the option given in the help button. I even tried options which was...
  9. camera does not show on device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    camera does not show on device manager: My camera does not work as it does not show on Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/camera-does-not-show-on-device-manager/7619b73b-c762-4a31-addd-1a282c6a3ff9
  10. Camera not showing device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not showing device manager: Please help me as my camera is not working. While checking the device manager camera is not showing. Even after enabling "Show hidden devices" its not displaying in the list. I restarted my computer still its not showing. My Laptop Lenovo Ideapad z480, Model Number: 20134...