Windows 10: Device Manager not working - mmcbase.dll not found

Discus and support Device Manager not working - mmcbase.dll not found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to open device manager and get an error message reading: "The code execution cannot proceed because mmcbase.DLL was not found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TBFBX, Jan 10, 2021.

1. TBFBX Win User

Device Manager not working - mmcbase.dll not found

I am unable to open device manager and get an error message reading:

"The code execution cannot proceed because mmcbase.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem".

I ran a SFC to try and identify the error and have followed methods 1-3 in this: Fixed: Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform the Requested Operation ubackup.com but the SFC stops at 13% before I get the message 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". I get the same result when running the SFC in safe mode.

I'd be grateful for advice on the device manager error message.

:)

TBFBX, Jan 10, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jan 10, 2021
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager not working - mmcbase.dll not found What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Marco Gav Win User

USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Device Manager not working - mmcbase.dll not found - Similar Threads - Device Manager working

2. camera not found on device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not found on device manager: No camera on zoom since January 2022. Redownloaded Zoom. Camera not found in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-on-device-manager/319f0f52-aa72-4e87-8b5b-03a7b26bf12d
  3. camera not found on device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not found on device manager: No camera on zoom since January 2022. Redownloaded Zoom. Camera not found in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-on-device-manager/319f0f52-aa72-4e87-8b5b-03a7b26bf12d
  4. Camera not found in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not found in device manager: Hello, when I open my camera app I receive an error notification that they cannot find my camera. I have tried to update my camera settings and my general settings too but I just cannot find the camera in the device manager and am unable to install a camera driver. Could you...
  5. CAMERA NOT FOUND IN DEVICE MANAGER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAMERA NOT FOUND IN DEVICE MANAGER: Am unable to find Camera in Device manager...and i cant even use my camera here am sharing the screen shots of the issue mentioned...Please help me.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-in-device-manager/7dc42636-382f-4434-a694-1b5f421756f5
  6. MSVCP140.DLL not found VCRUNTIME140.DLL not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCP140.DLL not found VCRUNTIME140.DLL not found: I am trying to download Origin for my daughter to play sims. we bought a second hand computer for her basically to just play sims. We are getting to errors MSVCP140.DLL not found VCRUNTIME140.DLL not found. We have tried the steps on the other discussion threads,...
  7. camera not working and not found in the device manager too.

camera not working and not found in the device manager too.: my camera isnot working and i couldn't find it in the device manager too. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-and-not-found-in-the-device/52fd042a-b52e-4846-accc-294848d04421
  8. VRCRUNTIME140.dll was not found and MSVCP140.dll was not found.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VRCRUNTIME140.dll was not found and MSVCP140.dll was not found.: I downloaded both the dll’s and put them in system32 and yet it still says there not found. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch? submitted by /u/LoserCat- [link] [comments]...
  9. Camera Not Found Not In Device Manager

Camera Not Found Not In Device Manager: There was a windows update some time ago, not sure how long, that somehow knocked my laptop camera out. I saw the thread about this problem, but my camera is gone. It is not listed anywhere in the device manager to be able to correct it. I am at a loss. The microsoft...
  10. MSVCP100.dll not found and MSVCP110.dll not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCP100.dll not found and MSVCP110.dll not found: Hi there, so when i fixed my windows 10 cause of a problem i fall into a "MSVCP100.dll not found" when i try to fix it it worked! but sadly i fell into another problem now its "MSVCP110.dll not found" i keep trying to fix it but it just didn't work. tried doing a virus...