Windows 10: Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

Discus and support Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FuSchnickens, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a yellow exclamation point. WHen I try to update the driver thats when I get the Code 10 message. I disconnect both devices and plug in the iPad 1st. I look under portable devices and I see Apple iPad. Then I plug in the iPhone and it's listed USB devices with the exact same listing the iPad had. No matter what I do I cannot get both to appear under portable devices at the same time. Whatever device gets plugged in 1st appropriately shows up under portable devices. When I plug in the a 2nd device thats where the problems start. Has anyone ever heard of such a bizarre problem? I've swapped USB slots and cables and keep on getting the same thing. I am at a complete loss on this. *Sad

:)

FuSchnickens, Jul 5, 2019
  2. GRJM Win User

Device Manager / Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

I opened the Device Manager in Windows 10, but Portable Devices is missing. How do I retrieve or re-install that category? Thank you. I need to back up my iPhone, which is normally seen as a portable device. Any suggested fix will
    be greatly appreciated.

GRJM, Jul 5, 2019
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10) What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jul 5, 2019
  4. NovaGold Win User

Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

Lots of Portable Devices in Device Manager

Well, it's simple PCR. Every time you insert a flash drive into a USB port, the system lists it under portable devices in Device Manager. And it stays there until you uninstall it.

NovaGold, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

1. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10) - Similar Threads - Device Manager Portable

2. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  3. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  4. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  5. Device Manager > Portable Devices, Phone properties reading "this device cannot start. Code 10"

Device Manager > Portable Devices, Phone properties reading "this device cannot start. Code 10": I was trying to tether my phone's mobile data to my computer and I kept giving me the message "This device cannot start. Code 10". For 5 hours I was trying go diagnose the problem thinking that the "Remote NDIS Compatible Devices" driver was bad. Until I realized a couple...
  6. Windows 10 /Device Manager/Portable Devices/Fire

Windows 10 /Device Manager/Portable Devices/Fire: Windows does not see Kindle Fire e-reader. It worked fine until three days ago when I tried to transfer books from my computer to the Fire. Fire was not on the directory. After trying to follow directions from ESL tech from Amazon and Microsoft I somehow deleted the Fire name...
  7. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10): I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a...
  8. Lots of Portable Devices in Device Manager

Lots of Portable Devices in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager, click view and check 'show hidden devices,' it shows a list of quite a few devices. Now I know that these are the result of using a USB flash drives to do various projects. I attached a screenshot below. My question is if it is safe to...
  9. Portable Devices in Device Manager

Portable Devices in Device Manager: When I go into Device Manager, click 'view', and check show hidden devices, I find portable devices that lists 20+ devices. Just looking at them tells me it occurs when I plug in a USB thumbdrive. My question is it okay to delete all of them? Is there an app or a cleanup...
  10. Portable Device driver in the Device Manager

Portable Device driver in the Device Manager: Can anyone explain why Windows 10 does not have a portable device driver in Windows 10? I'm trying to connect my Cannon Rebel XT camera to my new laptop (Insprion 15-3252). I thought it was now suppose to work through the USB port drivers but I have uploaded all the latest...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iphone device manager Device cannot start