Windows 10: device manager says tpm was migrated

Discus and support device manager says tpm was migrated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot update my acer spin 7 from windows version 1607. Failure seems to be related to tpm, which device manager says has been migrated. I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terry Morlan, Oct 10, 2018.

1. device manager says tpm was migrated

I cannot update my acer spin 7 from windows version 1607. Failure seems to be related to tpm, which device manager says has been migrated. I don't know what that means or how to correct it.

:)

Terry Morlan, Oct 10, 2018

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Oct 10, 2018
  4. device manager says tpm was migrated

constantly being asked tpm reset

There is no TPM update listed for ASUS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/409637...

Microsoft says:

If the manufacturer of your device is not listed in the following table, please contact the manufacturer’s customer support department for next steps.

Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data. Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

How to backup:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device security .

Under Security processor, select Security processor details.

Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

Andre for Directly, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

device manager says tpm was migrated

1. device manager says tpm was migrated - Similar Threads - device manager says

2. Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0: Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0. One is showing no problems. The second one is showing an error 3.1. How do you remove the TPM that shows the error?...
  3. Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0: Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0. One is showing no problems. The second one is showing an error 3.1. How do you remove the TPM that shows the error?...
  4. Windows 11 - Windows Security says no TPM, but Devices Manager, TPM.MSC and Security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Security says no TPM, but Devices Manager, TPM.MSC and Security...: Hi,Strange behaviour in Windows Security in Windows 11, today show warning about i don't have TPMTranslation: "Security Processor There is no TPM available, your device may be vulnerable"In TPM.MSC show this:Translation:"StatusThe TPM is ready for use""TPM Manufacturer...
  5. Windows 11 - Windows Security says no TPM, but Devices Manager, TPM.MSC and Security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Windows Security says no TPM, but Devices Manager, TPM.MSC and Security...: Hi,Strange behaviour in Windows Security in Windows 11, today show warning about i don't have TPMTranslation: "Security Processor There is no TPM available, your device may be vulnerable"In TPM.MSC show this:Translation:"StatusThe TPM is ready for use""TPM Manufacturer...
  6. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated: Following a Windows 10 upgrade I've lost use of one bluetooth soundbar. Here's what I know:There is not a soundbar problem. The soundbar works with my Mac, and with a USB. My Windows 10 troubleshooter says that for that soundbar, "headphones" are not plugged in.The soundbar...
  7. device not migrated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    device not migrated: upgrading to win 10 from 7 and keyboard on laptop not working device details show device not migrated how can I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-migrated/2dc0e73f-c92f-4a9e-9be8-f4183679d1f9
  8. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: Hello, After a Windows 10 update today the speakers do not work. In the LG Ultrawide events screen there is this... Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{d82c1427-b7ce-48fb-9340-1a163a6a7810} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  9. Device Not Migrated

Device Not Migrated: I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the back and I am running an hdmi to dvi cable to the acer monitor for this setup. Again, this has been working since I originally...
  10. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not migrated: In device manager, Network Adapters. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, it is showing that device not migrated..Tried uninstalling ..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/device-not-migrated/76728f32-ce35-4123-973e-2bda95e2b01b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tpm device migrated