Windows 10: Device manager says: "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" but nothing changes

Discus and support Device manager says: "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" but nothing changes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A long while ago i bought a wireless reciever for xbox 360 controllers as i wanted to use controllers on my pc. I've had this device for over a year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Threydan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Threydan Win User

Device manager says: "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" but nothing changes

A long while ago i bought a wireless reciever for xbox 360 controllers as i wanted to use controllers on my pc.
    I've had this device for over a year now and besides from occasionally needing to re-install the drivers for said device, as device manager sometimes doesn't recognize the device anymore, it worked fine.

However recently i have gotten a new pc and for some reason i cannot install the drivers on this device anymore.

I do the same steps as i've always done before, to the point where it says "Windows has successfully updated your drivers", but when i get back the device is still listed as an 'unknown device' with no drivers installed.

All i've tried in order to fix this is the basics: unplugging and replugging the device, restarting my pc, see if installing other drivers works, or a combination of the three.
    I have no clue what is going on or how to fix this, so i hope someone can help me with this issue.

:)

Threydan, Oct 25, 2020
  2. dtraiN187 Win User

device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Oct 25, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Device manager says: "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" but nothing changes

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Device manager says: "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" but nothing changes - Similar Threads - Device manager says

2. Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed: Hi,So I experienced something very strange, and I would appreciate someone's knowledge on the matter.I want to point out that my PC did not go through any updates nor did it have any pending updates. I also want to note that I updated my BIOS a month before this issue. My PC...
  3. Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed: Hi,So I experienced something very strange, and I would appreciate someone's knowledge on the matter.I want to point out that my PC did not go through any updates nor did it have any pending updates. I also want to note that I updated my BIOS a month before this issue. My PC...
  4. Has there always been a 'update driver' button at the top of Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has there always been a 'update driver' button at the top of Device Manager?: Currently on 20H2 and just noticed this. submitted by /u/BumpteeDumDum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jz91a1/has_there_always_been_a_update_driver_button_at/
  5. Device Manager null driver update.

Device Manager null driver update.: So i'm trying to install a XBOX 360 wireless receiver, and all the tutorials say to go to device manager and go to "Unknow Device" > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Xbox 360 peripherals and select...
  6. Device manager won't update drivers

Device manager won't update drivers: for my graphics driver, when I try to manually update it from device manager, the download bar will appear, but never follow through. it'll download for a bit and then just before it finishes downloading, it suddenly aborts and tell me the newest driver is already installed....
  7. Update drivers automatically in device manager?

Update drivers automatically in device manager?: Hey all, is there any way for me to check everything with just some clicks for drivers, instead of going through every single thing in device manager? submitted by /u/FHRNHTx [link] [comments]...
  8. Using device manager to update drivers

Using device manager to update drivers: So I got a new Asus zenbook. Sadly the oem app is crap as I have to manually download each driver update and install them. What’s worst is the ones that I already installed via windows update is still there in that app. So is it safer to just use device manager? (Nothings...
  9. Updating drivers through device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  10. update drivers in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update drivers in device manager: I need to update drivers, audio, keyboard, and more. Is it best to do this from device manager or elsewhere or not at all. 104015