Windows 10: device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2

Discus and support device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago when I shut down my modem and turned it back on. I notice the connection is being odd a bit later and when i check i see this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EthanKoehler-Bryant, May 22, 2019.

1. device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2

So a few weeks ago when I shut down my modem and turned it back on. I notice the connection is being odd a bit later and when i check i see this

device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2 c65361ad-658e-400b-80ce-8bc369c2e0a6?upload=true.png

and in settings it is showing WiFi 2 instead of WiFi. It has gotten to the point where it can barely connect to the internet now. I need to fix this. I have attached an image below showing the devices. If needed and can upload a video to youtube and provide link. device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2 5364a833-e87e-4ac9-82a8-f0482356dd8f?upload=true.jpg

:)

EthanKoehler-Bryant, May 22, 2019
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2 sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, May 22, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 22, 2019
  4. WG9
    WG9 Win User

device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

Thema:

device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2

1. device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2 - Similar Threads - device manager showing

2. Wifi card not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi card not showing up in device manager: I have a laptop that does not recognize the wifi card at all. Its not in device manager>network adapters, i cannot access wifi settings because it thinks there is only ethernet. Ive tried endless lists of solutions with drivers, changing settings, ive been jn the bios, done...
  3. Wifi card not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi card not showing up in device manager: I have a laptop that does not recognize the wifi card at all. Its not in device manager>network adapters, i cannot access wifi settings because it thinks there is only ethernet. Ive tried endless lists of solutions with drivers, changing settings, ive been jn the bios, done...
  4. Wifi card not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WiFi option grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi option grayed out: Hello! For a while now my desktop computer an HP all in one will disconnect from wifi and say there is no network available. When I go to network settings, the wifi button is in the off position and I cannot click on it. I can only restart the computer, but it will happen...
  6. WiFi option grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi option grayed out: Hello! For a while now my desktop computer an HP all in one will disconnect from wifi and say there is no network available. When I go to network settings, the wifi button is in the off position and I cannot click on it. I can only restart the computer, but it will happen...
  7. Wifi 2 not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 2 not showing: i just bought a new adapter for my laptop while trying to connect it the WiFi 2 option which should display for an external adapter is not showing. what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-2-not-showing/4a335fef-1827-4776-a3c1-00b06f911160
  8. WiFi option grayed out.

WiFi option grayed out.: After upgrading to Windows 10 2 days wireless worked properly but when I switch on my laptop the wifi option grayed out I tried to update my wireless drives but that did not work so I reset my network but that did not work so I check-in BIOS but wireless is on so I update my...
  9. No Wifi showing in device manager

No Wifi showing in device manager: Hi, I have a major issue with my laptop at the moment. Their is no wifi capabilities in my laptop anymore, they have just disappeared. Iv'e gone through all the normal fixes, and nothing has worked whatsoever. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.[IMG]...
  10. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the settings. I even checked the device manager and I didn't see any wifi adapter in there. I tried installing drivers but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my network adapter greyed out in device manager

2. network driver greyedout in device manager

3. how to fix greyed out in device manager

4. wifi adapter hidden in device manager hardware greyed out