Windows 10: Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9)

Discus and support Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] This is a Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit, 1803 build, Attempted to install a Brother ADS-2000, but the Remote Setup Port (COM9), there is some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Devo2510, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Devo2510 Win User

Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9)

Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9) [​IMG]
    This is a Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit, 1803 build, Attempted to install a Brother ADS-2000, but the Remote Setup Port (COM9), there is some type of device error on this particular driver.

What is Remote Setup Port (COM9). I think Comm is a communications port, as best I know. See attached picture. Thanks.

:)

Devo2510, Feb 11, 2019

2. port COM and LPT in the Devices Manager are not appearing

Hi Luis,

I suggest you follow the steps to check for hidden devices, and check if it helps.

1.Press Windows + X and click on Device Manager.

2.Click on View menu and select Show hidden devices. See if this helps in getting the ports to list.

3. Expand the Ports under device manager. Uninstall any entries which appear grayed out, then restart.

4. Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

If the issue persists, then I recommend you to install the latest drivers for your motherboard.

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Com Port is Missing / Ports Option Not Available In Device Manager

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

COM port should be listed in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT).

See if you can find them. If they're not listed in the Device Manager, you can try these suggestions to see what’s preventing the ports from getting displayed in device manager.

Method 1: Check for hidden devices as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View menu and select Show hidden devices. See if this helps in getting the ports to list.
    Method 2: Install the latest drivers for your motherboard. See if this proves to be of any help.

Device manufacturers often release updates to their drivers to enhance performance or fix compatibility issues. To get the latest driver, visit the support section of your motherboard manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9)

Remote Access Connection Manager

Hi Robin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Try to follow these methods, mentioned below to fix your issue.

Method 1:

Enable the disabled services and start the services.

To enable the disabled services and start the services:

a. Click on Windows key + R, then type services.msc in the Run command Window.

b. Select Services in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue

c. Right-click Remote Access Connection Manager service and then click Properties.

d. On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.

e. On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click OK.

f. Also check for the Dependency services.

The following are the dependency services of "Remote Access Connection Manager":

i. Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service

ii. Telephony

iii. Plug and Play

iv. Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

v. DCOM Server Process Launcher

vi. RPC Endpoint Mapper

Make sure the above services are started in the services list. If not, start all of the above services and check, if it helps you.

If the issue persists, follow the method 2.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Network adapter’s drivers.

Step 1:

Try to update the Network adapter drivers for the device.

To do this, follow these steps, mentioned below:

1. In Device Manager, click the Network adapter drivers tab in the device's Properties dialog box.

2. Click Update Driver of Network adapter to start the Hardware Update Wizard.

3. Follow the instructions to update the Network adapter drivers.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, this issue occur due to the Network adapter driver may not be compatible.

I suggest you download the latest Network adapter driver from the manufacturer’s website and check, if it works.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the Network driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Network adapter driver from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

I would like you to post your query with TechNet for the issue regarding "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service" for better resolution

Technet forums

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9)

1. Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9) - Similar Threads - Device Manager Unable

2. I am unable to see the COM ports in my device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to see the COM ports in my device manager.: I have tried manually installing through the legacy hardware option as well but Windows does not seem to recognize it after manual installation. I am using a HP Pavilion X360 14-cd0087TU and I installed Windows 11 Home Single Language 22H2 on it.Thanks...
  3. I am unable to see the COM ports in my device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to see the COM ports in my device manager.: I have tried manually installing through the legacy hardware option as well but Windows does not seem to recognize it after manual installation. I am using a HP Pavilion X360 14-cd0087TU and I installed Windows 11 Home Single Language 22H2 on it.Thanks...
  4. remote drive in usb port not accessible, though "working Properly" per device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote drive in usb port not accessible, though "working Properly" per device manager: I have a remote drive plugged into a ubs port that device manager tells me is working properly and has an up to date driver, yet it does not show up in the file folder and apps can't access it. I tried uninstalling and switching usb ports, plugging into another computer, and...
  5. remote drive in usb port not accessible, though "working Properly" per device manager

remote drive in usb port not accessible, though "working Properly" per device manager: I have a remote drive plugged into a ubs port that device manager tells me is working properly and has an up to date driver, yet it does not show up in the file folder and apps can't access it. I tried uninstalling and switching usb ports, plugging into another computer, and...
  6. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-usb-serial-port-ports-com-lpt-in/d5bdad38-b8e3-4f32-808e-12e9fd8ffd60
  7. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: After updating to Windows 11 I can no longer get the serial port in Ports COM & LPT from the Device Manager.When I select Device Manager nothing shows up, I cannot see Ports COM & LPT.These are the steps I have tried:IN DEVICE MANAGERView: Show hidden devices in Device...
  8. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: After updating to Windows 11 I can no longer get the serial port in Ports COM & LPT from the Device Manager.When I select Device Manager nothing shows up, I cannot see Ports COM & LPT.These are the steps I have tried:IN DEVICE MANAGERView: Show hidden devices in Device...
  9. Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.: It seems the last couple of Windows 10 updates have been horrible for my PC. Among the problems that have arisen is I can't open Device Manager because I no longer have Admin. Priv. even though it lists that I do under User Accounts. ***Edited Original Title From: Windows...
  10. Unable To Access Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...