Windows 10: Device Manager - Update Driver Issue

Discus and support Device Manager - Update Driver Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a weird one, and I can't find any solutions to it: Computer: Windows 10 Pro, 1903 18362.116 So when I open Device Manager and say for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anolin, May 27, 2019.

1. Anolin Win User

Device Manager - Update Driver Issue

This is a weird one, and I can't find any solutions to it:

Computer: Windows 10 Pro, 1903 18362.116

So when I open Device Manager and say for example, I expand Network Adapters. Then if I right-click my Ethernet Adapter and select Update Driver and then Search automatically for updated driver software, it immediately says The best drivers for your device are already installed. This is the case for every single thing listed in device manager.

The normal behavior would be for a box to come up and say Searching for Updated drivers as it searches the Windows Update Catalog for a few moments and either tell me that the best drivers for your device are already installed, OR start downloading a newer driver from the Windows Update Catalog database.

It was working when I did a clean install of 1903, but suddenly stopped for some reason. I've checked GPO's and tried different registry settings from this site to allow driver downloads and what not, but it's still not working from device manager via the Update Driver and Search automatically for updated driver software option. The option for Browse my computer for driver software works just fine.

I've tried other things too:
    sfc /scannow - no problems.
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - no problems.
    Device Installation Settings are set to Yes.
    Reset Windows Firewall.
    No errors in event logs.

So what gives? *Confused It's like it's not even trying to check the Windows Update Catalog. Anyone ever run across this before? Any help would be grateful!

:)

Anolin, May 27, 2019
  2. dtraiN187 Win User

device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, May 27, 2019
  3. Code 10 Device Driver Issue

Hi,

Thank you for replying us.

I would suggest you to update the USB drivers & check if the issue persists.

Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    For more information to update drivers in windows 10 follow the below link.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 27, 2019
  4. Device Manager - Update Driver Issue

Why does driver update software disagree with device manager?

On a whim, I installed IObit's driver updater. to my surprise. Instead of blindly following its suggestions, I used the device manager to update the drivers. Yet some updates that IObit's software listed were not found by device manager. Why is this?

user173724, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Device Manager - Update Driver Issue

1. Device Manager - Update Driver Issue - Similar Threads - Device Manager Update

2. Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?: So as the Title says, I am looking for a way to just update all Bluetooth drivers at once, since Windows adds every Bluetooth device extra, and I don't have the taste to just go threw manually, and Windows update is no option because it wont give me the opportunity to just...
  3. Device Manager - Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager - Drivers: My newly purchased USB3 connected powers up when connected but nothing happens and when I check in DM I find the DVD/CD-ROM category does not appear in my device manager....
  4. Device Manager Driver Update Automation Script?

Device Manager Driver Update Automation Script?: Is this a thing? Updating drivers once in awhile isn't bad, but manually right-clicking, properties, search online for each driver gets very tedious. There has to be someone who has this type of script, right? If so, where can I find it? Thanks!...
  5. Device Manager null driver update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager null driver update.: So i'm trying to install a XBOX 360 wireless receiver, and all the tutorials say to go to device manager and go to "Unknow Device" > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Xbox 360 peripherals and select...
  6. Device manager won't update drivers

Device manager won't update drivers: for my graphics driver, when I try to manually update it from device manager, the download bar will appear, but never follow through. it'll download for a bit and then just before it finishes downloading, it suddenly aborts and tell me the newest driver is already installed....
  7. Update drivers automatically in device manager?

Update drivers automatically in device manager?: Hey all, is there any way for me to check everything with just some clicks for drivers, instead of going through every single thing in device manager? submitted by /u/FHRNHTx [link] [comments]...
  8. Using device manager to update drivers

Using device manager to update drivers: So I got a new Asus zenbook. Sadly the oem app is crap as I have to manually download each driver update and install them. What’s worst is the ones that I already installed via windows update is still there in that app. So is it safer to just use device manager? (Nothings...
  9. Updating drivers through device manager

Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  10. update drivers in device manager

update drivers in device manager: I need to update drivers, audio, keyboard, and more. Is it best to do this from device manager or elsewhere or not at all. 104015