Windows 10: device manager updates

Discus and support device manager updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated some entries in device manager and went to the manufacturer when possible. My question; I used the Samsung magician to upgrade my Evo SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maranna, Feb 8, 2020.

1. maranna Win User

device manager updates

I updated some entries in device manager and went to the manufacturer when possible.
    My question;
    I used the Samsung magician to upgrade my Evo SSD.
    Is this something one does when getting a new PC?
    What about if I retrieve an image or a restore point? Does that affect the upgrade to the Evo drive?
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Feb 8, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Feb 8, 2020
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 8, 2020
  4. device manager updates

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

device manager updates What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

device manager updates

1. device manager updates - Similar Threads - device manager updates

2. Device manager not searching for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device manager not searching for updates: Just installed Windows 10 home today and the device manager won’t search for driver updates. It just stops and says the drivers are up-to date. I tried updating the wireless drivers manual but it’s still not updating. Any ideas how to fix this and I’ve restarted multiple...
  3. Device Manager null driver update.

Device Manager null driver update.: So i'm trying to install a XBOX 360 wireless receiver, and all the tutorials say to go to device manager and go to "Unknow Device" > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Xbox 360 peripherals and select...
  4. Device manager won't update drivers

Device manager won't update drivers: for my graphics driver, when I try to manually update it from device manager, the download bar will appear, but never follow through. it'll download for a bit and then just before it finishes downloading, it suddenly aborts and tell me the newest driver is already installed....
  5. Update drivers automatically in device manager?

Update drivers automatically in device manager?: Hey all, is there any way for me to check everything with just some clicks for drivers, instead of going through every single thing in device manager? submitted by /u/FHRNHTx [link] [comments]...
  6. Using device manager to update drivers

Using device manager to update drivers: So I got a new Asus zenbook. Sadly the oem app is crap as I have to manually download each driver update and install them. What’s worst is the ones that I already installed via windows update is still there in that app. So is it safer to just use device manager? (Nothings...
  7. Device manager/Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager/Windows Update: Ive recently noticed a problem with my computer and being unable to update via windows update (getting error 0x80080005) and i searched everywhere to see how to fix this. I even called Microsoft so they could try to help me but they also couldn't figure it out. My computer...
  8. Device Manager - Update Driver Issue

Device Manager - Update Driver Issue: This is a weird one, and I can't find any solutions to it: Computer: Windows 10 Pro, 1903 18362.116 So when I open Device Manager and say for example, I expand Network Adapters. Then if I right-click my Ethernet Adapter and select Update Driver and then Search automatically...
  9. Updating drivers through device manager

Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  10. update drivers in device manager

update drivers in device manager: I need to update drivers, audio, keyboard, and more. Is it best to do this from device manager or elsewhere or not at all. 104015