Windows 10: Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem

Discus and support Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently encountered a problem in device manager where a device was missing a driver and a USB Device malfunctioned. I am not really sure what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CRB-, Oct 28, 2018.

1. CRB- Win User

Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem

Hello, I recently encountered a problem in device manager where a device was missing a driver and a USB Device malfunctioned. I am not really sure what caused this to happen because I just reinstalled Windows a week ago

Here is the name of my device if needed: HP ENVY dv7-7243nr Notebook PC

Here are some screenshots of device manager:

Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem 4f43eb54-2c31-41ca-bb76-cea31ae6f529?upload=true.png

Here is the info for the unknown device:

Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem e6372073-31e0-45c5-8e62-45d71397f33c?upload=true.png

Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem aacea11e-4865-4584-906e-31b21fb44696?upload=true.png

Here are the screenshots for the USB device:

Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem cbd71465-ea67-45e9-b7f4-6a8f80499bb6?upload=true.png

Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem 6e8a2063-df52-4e29-bc57-8f866ae6e9f3?upload=true.png

:)

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Oct 28, 2018
  3. HUSKIE Win User
    Usb not recognized(unknown device) problem

As above! No usb drive/flash disk,keyboard,mouse on usb ports etc etc but still popping in, on and off tried to new Windows. Tried all solutions on internet but still no joy. Device manager showing unknown device. Motherboard Asus x99 sabertooth. update bios from old to new. no luck

HUSKIE, Oct 28, 2018
  4. TorreyE Win User

Unknown device problem

I ran the INF update utility and it appeared to complete normally. I rebooted, but still had the unknown device error, so I tried running the management engine device update again and it hung at creating process UNS.exe - I let it run 2 hours and device manager indicated CPU usage was 25% (the processor is 4 core), so it looked like it hung in a loop.

It seems to me that I had this problem with an earlier machine with a different motherboard and a core 2 duo processor.

I thank you for your help, but I guess I will just live with it. As far as I can tell, the unknown device is not creating a problem. I just wish I knew what it is.

TorreyE, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem - Similar Threads - Device Manager USB

2. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  3. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  4. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  7. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  9. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed) - Device Manager

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed) - Device Manager: Is there a possible solution resolving this issue in Device Manager? It started where I left a USB device - mouse - connected while restarting my laptop by accident. The laptop then start making these sounds - notifying the user whether a USB device is connected or not -...
  10. unknown device in device manager

unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager find unknown device