Windows 10: Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these

Discus and support Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; on w10-64 bit, my Device Manger window showing yellow sign for these Display Adapters - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter installed driver - date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VSRawat, Jun 16, 2020.

1. VSRawat Win User

Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these

on w10-64 bit, my Device Manger window showing yellow sign for these

Display Adapters

- Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
    installed driver - date 6/21/2006 v 10.0.19041.1 signer MS Windows

IDE ATA/ ATAPI Controllers
    - Intel R 300 Series Chipset Famil SATA AHCI Controller
    installed driver - date 3/18/2020 v 17.8.8.1072 signer MS Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Storage Controllers
    - Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller Driver
    installed driver - date 6/21/2006 v 10.0.19041.1 signer MS Windows

first one, "Display Adapter" is ok as above because I have latest Intel driver but half a dozen of their latest drivers makes my honestech TV player show blank window for cable TV, so I am forced to put "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" that resolves that problem, I don't know why. So, please ignore that.

There is no problem of any sort with the pc.

I have used half a dozen "device driver updater" software and all are showing that I have latest drives installed.

I have run troubleshoot - hardware and devices, it did some changes I don't know what, but that didn't remove the yellow marks.

I have run

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    it completed successfully and didn't show any problem

I have serched for drivers on net. Windows update never presented any single searched driver across year but these two devices are not showing any or any latest driver.

Please guide me into removing yellow marks on second and third device.

Thanks.

:)

VSRawat, Jun 16, 2020
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Jun 16, 2020
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Nick259 Win User

IDE HDD's not being detected.

As I said it showed up as 'This device is working properly' in the device manager. No alert sign or anything. Thanks for the help guys *Smile Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these :)

Nick259, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these - Similar Threads - Device Manager window

2. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager > View > Devices by Container, I see that there is a yellow warning sign on my computer. When I expand the list, I don't see which driver is the issue.If I view devices by type, I don't see any yellow warning sign. How do I go about diagnosing...
  3. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager > View > Devices by Container, I see that there is a yellow warning sign on my computer. When I expand the list, I don't see which driver is the issue.If I view devices by type, I don't see any yellow warning sign. How do I go about diagnosing...
  4. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth no turn on/off option and has yellow warning sign on device manager

Bluetooth no turn on/off option and has yellow warning sign on device manager: Please help i tried fixing it by updating, reinstalling, disabling and enabling nothing seems to work. I also tried setting it automatic on start up still no luck and regeditor...
  6. device manager yellow exclamation mark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device manager yellow exclamation mark: Hi when i turn on my device manager my display adapter has an exclamation mark i click on it so i have intel hd 4000 it has exclamation mark when i clcik on update driver it says i have latest drive and when i double click it it says working properly so what is the problem?...
  7. Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode)

Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode): I recently got a new computer and decided to add my hard drive from my previous computer to this new one. While it works fine most of the time, there are a few occurrences where the computer completely crashes, and I end up getting a WHEA UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR error. First...
  8. yellow triangles in my device manager

yellow triangles in my device manager: I have several devices that have yellow triangles in my device manager yet, supposedly, they are running normally. They are the display adapter, the IDE ATA/ADATI controllers, and the Microsoft Storage Space Controller. Any ideas how to get rid of them?????...
  9. yellow exclamation mark device manager

yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644
  10. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644