Windows 10: Device Manager wouldn't close

Discus and support Device Manager wouldn't close in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was updating a driver on device manager and it went to not responding. I pressed close the program. It wouldn't close. I tried ending the task from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shoowis, Jul 22, 2021.

1. shoowis Win User

Device Manager wouldn't close

I was updating a driver on device manager and it went to not responding. I pressed close the program. It wouldn't close. I tried ending the task from task manager and it didn't work. I restarted my computer and it went into automatic repair. What do I do now?

:)

shoowis, Jul 22, 2021

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Device Manager wouldn't close

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager wouldn't close What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Device Manager wouldn't close

1. Device Manager wouldn't close - Similar Threads - Device Manager wouldn't

2. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  3. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  4. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Device manager unresponsive, and then doesnt close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager unresponsive, and then doesnt close.: Trying to open the device manager because I need to update my sound drivers because their broken an whole different post.The device manager just becomes unresponsive, and then after a bit, the "not responsive" message shows up, and then, if Ipress to close it, it just stays...
  6. Device manager unresponsive, and then doesnt close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager unresponsive, and then doesnt close.: Trying to open the device manager because I need to update my sound drivers because their broken an whole different post.The device manager just becomes unresponsive, and then after a bit, the "not responsive" message shows up, and then, if Ipress to close it, it just stays...
  7. Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager: Hello! My Device Manager continually refreshes every two seconds, so it is virtually unusable. Has anyone had this problem? Solutions? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager/4888c713-07a6-4b04-9fb4-c3e3df6382fd
  8. Device Manager

Device Manager: hello, when I entered the device manager, the device did not start up, I caught my attention but But when I look at other devices, the device started up, is it the problem with my network adapter?[ATTACH]...
  9. Device Manager won't close

Device Manager won't close: Lenovo 920 windows 10. I had no sound on my laptop, so I went to device manager-sound-Realtek-update driver internet. Green bar has been going 2 hours. I clicked cancel no good. Tried alt-f4-delete. no good . how can i stop green bar and get sound back?...
  10. Task manager closes unsolicited

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager closes unsolicited: Hello, since yesterday's Windows 10 update, my task manager which I am used to keep always open suddenly closes and disappears from time to time. This is accompagnied by a noice of the processor which stops only after I reopen the taskmanager manually again. I already...