Windows 10: Device Manager

Discus and support Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does it harm a drive or corrupt the data on it if I disable it in Device Manager and then enable it later?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeffrey Woodward, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Device Manager

Does it harm a drive or corrupt the data on it if I disable it in Device Manager and then enable it later?

:)

Jeffrey Woodward, Mar 15, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Mar 15, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Device Manager

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Device Manager

1. Device Manager - Similar Threads - Device Manager

2. my installed webcam from toshiba is not being found in the device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my installed webcam from toshiba is not being found in the device manager: my laptop is not showing any pre-installed webcams. All it shows is my logitec plugged into the usb drive. device manager does not even have the camera icon in it's list how do I get it back?...
  3. Teredo Tunneling Service Not Appearing Under Device Manager Legacy Hardware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo Tunneling Service Not Appearing Under Device Manager Legacy Hardware: So it all started with Minecraft BE being unable to connect to a game. I've traced the issue to the Teredo just not working in general. When I went to check on it in the device manager, it wasn't there, after ticking show hidden devices, it wasn't there either. After...
  4. HP Truvision Webcam no longer listed in "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager, video working...

HP Truvision Webcam no longer listed in "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager, video working...: Yesterday we had no problem using Zoom meeting with video. Starting today we did not get the option to start video, although it said it was on and recognized the HD Truvision Webcam, but there is no picture. The video works in all other programs. I checked in Device Manager...
  5. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager: Hey, I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera" and "Imagining devices" to no avail. Next I tried uninstalling the imaging devices driver with the intention of reinstalling it...
  6. MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WILL NOT SHOW UP ANYWHERE EXCEPT DEVICE MANAGER. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WILL NOT SHOW UP ANYWHERE EXCEPT DEVICE MANAGER. PLEASE HELP: Yesterday my external hard drive was working fine until it just disconnected as it is a bit faulty as it is. But never had any problems it’s just the wire needs moving to a specific place... but anyway it reconnected as you heard the noise it makes. But it never shown up in...
  7. computer can't find built in camera. Can't find camera or imaging device in device manager

computer can't find built in camera. Can't find camera or imaging device in device manager: Basically title. I really need to use the camera for online classes cause of the corona virus but when I try to use it, it gets an error message saying "We can't find your camera". There's no camera related thing in device manager. I've tried scanning for hardware changes...
  8. How to remove mobile device management policies?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove mobile device management policies?: I cant change setting because of policies set by "mobile device management". I didnt set these and no tutorial i can find has helped. submitted by /u/Giraffe_Boi [link] [comments]...
  9. Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers: Hi! My printer, a Brother HL-L2390DW, is visible in Device Manager but not in the Printers menu. I'm unable to manage the printer because of this. I have already tried uninstalling / reinstalling the printer. The drivers are the latest drivers. The troubleshooter was...
  10. where is my device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is my device manager: i ahve no wireless ineternet connection on my network adapters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-device-manager/cbf999e1-50e4-477b-b517-447b623c8146