Windows 10: Device Manger has Yellow Bang ... But Status reads This device is working properly

Discus and support Device Manger has Yellow Bang ... But Status reads This device is working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had an issue with ZOOM when my Laptop crashed with BSOD. On looking for possible problems checking drivers etc. I found that the Display Adapters;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMW52, Dec 24, 2020.

1. AMW52 Win User

Device Manger has Yellow Bang ... But Status reads This device is working properly

I had an issue with ZOOM when my Laptop crashed with BSOD. On looking for possible problems checking drivers etc. I found that the Display Adapters; IDE ATA/Atapi Controllers ; Storage Controllers all had the Yellow Bang symbol. however the Device status for All states "This device is working properly".

Running update Driver returns "The best drivers are already loaded"

I do get occasional instances of the screen going black for a second or two, which I am now wondering if this is caused by a display adapter issue?

Have tried using the GeForce Experience to update the GT 740M driver but having run this, there was no change to the driver showing in the Device Manger.

Device Manger has Yellow Bang ... But Status reads This device is working properly b04f0146-8472-44df-a48c-19309cea98d4?upload=true.jpg Device Manger has Yellow Bang ... But Status reads This device is working properly fd4be759-3585-4973-ad0c-4a128ccfd74c?upload=true.jpg

Any guidance as too action if any too take would be appreciated.

:)

AMW52, Dec 24, 2020

2. Device Manger

Hi,

For each device with the yellow flag can you double-click the device.

Under the "General" tab what does it say for the "Device status"?

Then click on the "Details" tab then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".

What is listed under "Value"?

auggy [Directly], Dec 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - bluetooth not working

I followed the first 3 steps and here is what the status says:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

Carlin RediAir, Dec 24, 2020
  4. wcnackers Win User

Device Manger has Yellow Bang ... But Status reads This device is working properly

Device Manager bangs

Hi,

I have a couple of Device Manager bangs that I can't resolve. The first is "Microsoft Generic IPMI Compliant Device"and the second is Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

On the IPMI issue, the Device Status is "The device cannot start (Code 10). An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." I have tried updating the driver through device manager but it says the best driver is already installed. But the driver
    (10.0.17134.1) is from 6/21/2006??? I have searched for an updated driver but can't find anything relevant.

On the USB issue the Device Status is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed." But I tried uninstalling all USB devices and the error persists. ]

I have been banging my head against a wall on these issues for weeks and especially the last few days. I have installed all updates and have updated all drivers to the latest revisions. Any help would be appreciated.

The system is a dual Skylake Server with an Intel 622 PCH.

Thanks in advance,

wcnackers, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Device Manger has Yellow Bang ... But Status reads This device is working properly - Similar Threads - Device Manger has

2. Universal Device Client Device Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal Device Client Device Not Working Properly: Following the latest Windows 11 update, my Universal Device Client Device isn't working properly - Windows can't load the driver required Code 31. I checked and the best driver is already installed. Should I roll-back to the previously installed driver or wait for Windows to...
  3. Universal Device Client Device Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Device Client Device Not Working Properly: Following the latest Windows 11 update, my Universal Device Client Device isn't working properly - Windows can't load the driver required Code 31. I checked and the best driver is already installed. Should I roll-back to the previously installed driver or wait for Windows to...
  4. My audio output device is not shown on Device manger although it is plugged in It works on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio output device is not shown on Device manger although it is plugged in It works on...: Click on the speaker icon and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-output-device-is-not-shown-on-device/1cc49484-82ef-4007-b720-1f6435ae5a90
  5. DEVICE MANGER NOT WORKING FOR MY NTB INTERFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DEVICE MANGER NOT WORKING FOR MY NTB INTERFACE: HELLO MICROSOFT My device manger dosent work for NTB INTERFACE ,ALSO SHOW MY MINI CONTROLLER BUT DOESNT ALLOW IT TO WORK ON SEQUNCERS . PLEASE CAN SUPPLY A DRIVER ADN SAY WHICH HARDWARE COULD IT BE....
  6. DEVICE MANGER NOT WORKING FOR MY NTB INTERFACE

DEVICE MANGER NOT WORKING FOR MY NTB INTERFACE: HELLO MICROSOFT My device manger dosent work for NTB INTERFACE ,ALSO SHOW MY MINI CONTROLLER BUT DOESNT ALLOW IT TO WORK ON SEQUNCERS . PLEASE CAN SUPPLY A DRIVER ADN SAY WHICH HARDWARE COULD IT BE....
  7. Bluetooth devices not working properly

Bluetooth devices not working properly: Hi, I have a new pc with windows 11 pro installed. The motherboard has bluetooth built in but when i try to connect a device some of them are not showing up in the list of device that are ready to connect.All drivers in my pc are up to date, i've also tried to disinstall and...
  8. Device Manger

Device Manger: hi I'm running windows 10 64 bit on ASUS vivo note book ,everything is working no problems ,but when I open device manger two items are flagged so I did the normal I uninstalled the drivers rebooted and reinstalled the drivers ,but the same two items are still flagged....
  9. How does the device status work?

How does the device status work?: to specify, its for my graphics card. What should i watch out for? Graphics card: AMD RX 470[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-the-device-status-work/62bdbf25-ac51-49d1-81a8-c5783c39350d
  10. Device Manager bangs

Device Manager bangs: Hi, I have a couple of Device Manager bangs that I can't resolve. The first is "Microsoft Generic IPMI Compliant Device"and the second is Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) On the IPMI issue, the Device Status is "The device cannot start (Code 10)....