Windows 10: device modified

Discus and support device modified in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a 1tb storage device, and used to update my previous laptop to windows 10 by making the hard drive bootable. But when I had successfully updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ictdude, May 1, 2020.

1. ictdude Win User

device modified

i have a 1tb storage device, and used to update my previous laptop to windows 10 by making the hard drive bootable. But when I had successfully updated my other laptop, it was recogised as ESD-USB and only displayed 32 gb. When i used some other types of apllications, it was hidden and was named 'lost partition2'. It costed a lot, please help me make it back into 1.81 tb.

:)

ictdude, May 1, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 1, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 1, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

device modified

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 1, 2020
Thema:

device modified

1. device modified - Similar Threads - device modified

2. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  3. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  4. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. camera not showing in device manager windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camera not showing in device manager windows 10: camera not showing in device manager windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-showing-in-device-manager-windows-10/d90008ab-45d4-4f1d-ae58-afcd8ffe89ad
  6. camera not showing in device manager windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not showing in device manager windows 10: camera not showing in device manager windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-showing-in-device-manager-windows-10/d90008ab-45d4-4f1d-ae58-afcd8ffe89ad
  7. camera not showing in device manager windows 10

8. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  9. Start Backup Task upon USB Device Recognition if Last Modified >7 Days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Backup Task upon USB Device Recognition if Last Modified >7 Days: Goal is to start a Backup-Task while or when a specific USB Device is present. While researching I came across this old thread: Task Scheduler: How to automatically synchronize my USB flash - Microsoft Community from SpiritX and tried to go from there. unfortunatly this...
  10. Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error: I actually tried to modify the system reserved partition size so that the recent windows update can be installed without error on my hp 15ac122tu machine which is i3 5th gen. I tried to modify the size using mini partition tool by creating 500mb unallocated space and...