Windows 10: Device no longer Bluetooth capable

Discus and support Device no longer Bluetooth capable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to connect my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop both of which I have used together a week or so ago to play music, no problem there. Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndreasNV1, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Device no longer Bluetooth capable

Trying to connect my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop both of which I have used together a week or so ago to play music, no problem there.

Can't connect, used another Bluetooth device with my laptop earlier today PS3 controller, in fact, just before trying to connect my speaker.

Under "Settings>Bluetooth & other devices" I now see that "Bluetooth is turned off", and the button for turning it back on is missing.

Had this problem before, so under "Device Manager" I go to the view tab and click "Show hidden devices".

I expand "Bluetooth" and all my devices are still there, but it seems that my Bluetooth adapter somehow is missing. Odd.

I update all my drivers regardless. None needed updates.

I open "Settings>Update & Security>Troubleshoot" and under the "Find and fix other problems" i select "Bluetooth" and click "Run the troubleshooter".

The troubleshooter does its thing and returns: "Device does not have Bluetooth". It then adds: "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter [...]".

I am trying to search for similar issues online, but have come up with nothing yet. I know my laptop has an integrated Bluetooth hardware solution, as I've used it just today.

Can you please assist?

Additional information is ready per your request.

My current specs are:

Windows 10 v. 1903 build 18362.592

Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH Laptop type 81FV with intel core i5-8300H 2.3 GHz

Per my manufacturer, this laptop should be outfitted with Bluetooth 4.2 or 5.0

:)

AndreasNV1, Feb 12, 2020

2. lost bluetooth capability

Hello Eugenia,

This issue could possible caused by missing drivers. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the model of your laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps posted on this article
    to resolve Bluetooth connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Device Disappeared from device manager

After the last Windows update my computer no longer has Bluetooth capability and the Bluetooth device has disappeared from the device manager.

The device that I was paired to is still in the Bluetooth & Other devices but it says Bluetooth is turned off. I have turned it on and restarted my computer. Still no Bluetooth.

Suggestions

JohnBurdsall, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Device no longer Bluetooth capable

My computer says there is no Bluetooth capabilities, but I had paired an audio device via bluetooth on my computer. What happened?

Hi,

As you may already know, you should not be able to connect your computer to any Bluetooth device without having a Bluetooth capability. We can confirm that your computer does not have this feature by checking it under Device Manager. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Type Device Manager and hit Enter.
    • Check if there is a Bluetooth device icon being displayed.

If there is, meaning your computer has Bluetooth capabilities. Furthermore, once verified and you are experiencing issues connecting a Bluetooth device, we recommend following the steps provided from this
    article to resolve Bluetooth problems.

Let us know if you need further help.

Darian Tab, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Device no longer Bluetooth capable

1. Device no longer Bluetooth capable - Similar Threads - Device longer Bluetooth

2. bluetooth capability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth capability: how to add blue tooth capability https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-capability/b7f343e5-2432-437b-b9d9-4465e02a9fc8
  3. bluetooth capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth capability: how to add blue tooth capability https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-capability/b7f343e5-2432-437b-b9d9-4465e02a9fc8
  4. bluetooth capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. device no longer supports bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device no longer supports bluetooth?: since this latest windows update..i have lost bluetooth with my computer..before i had the the bluetooth icon in the taskbar tray. now it is no longer there..when running bluetooth troubleshooter its telling me my device does not have bluetooth..please help. motherboard is...
  6. Bluetooth Capabilities

Bluetooth Capabilities: My laptop was always Bluetooth compatible but now it says Bluetooth not compatible, what happened? I have tried several suggestions already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-capabilities/9298f67c-a448-49bc-8590-b2c2cef529f4
  7. Bluetooth capability not detected

Bluetooth capability not detected: Hey, All of a sudden my bluetooth stopped working. I cant see the blue tooth toggle button in my bluetooth and device settings, neither can i see it in my action center. [ATTACH] I have even tried troubleshooting the bluetooth issue, it says that bluetooth capability not...
  8. bluetooth capabilities

bluetooth capabilities: i have a hp notebook 2000 pc that does not have bluetooth capabilities,,,nor does it have any bluetooth software,,,windows 10 home is my operating system,,, how can i get bluetooth on my laptop,,, can anyone help me please...
  9. Bluetooth Capability Gone

Bluetooth Capability Gone: Hi there I have had this problem before and have tried the suggestions given to me last time, but to no avail. My laptop has been very sluggish to the point where I struggled to work, I do realise my Acer TravelMate P253 M is quite old, but wanted to make a last ditch...
  10. Bluetooth capability

Bluetooth capability: I have an HP 15 and I am not sure if I have a Bluetooth capability on this hp 15 I don't see a button in the action center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-capability/3f69311f-1807-4d34-98ae-1e44f601c82b