Windows 10: Device not being detected?

Discus and support Device not being detected? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new headset with a mic. The headset has a 3.5mm jack and a usb connector powering a mic. The problem is windows 10 not detecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DigitTheFennec, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Device not being detected?

I recently bought a new headset with a mic. The headset has a 3.5mm jack and a usb connector powering a mic. The problem is windows 10 not detecting anything when I plug in the usb, and the mic isn't registered as a device at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek Audio drivers, restarted my computer, updated windows 10, but to no avail. I'm not sure what to do, Why is it not showing up in my devices?

Notes:

-the Headset is the runmus K8 gaming headset

-

:)

DigitTheFennec, Jan 3, 2020

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jan 3, 2020
  4. trt740 Win User

Device not being detected?

8800 gts 512mb overclocking tool

I have read it and this is simply a little too undetailed for me sorry wiz can you give me a little step by step

Rivatuner 2.06 will work fine with the 8800 GTS, you just have to edit rivatuner.cfg and add the device 0600 to the G92 detection list.

trt740, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Device not being detected?

1. Device not being detected? - Similar Threads - Device being detected

2. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  3. Audio device being detected that doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device being detected that doesn't exist: As title says. Windows 10 is detecting an audio device that does not exist and has never existed on my PC. How do I resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-being-detected-that-doesnt-exist/3281cf65-907d-4f76-a986-178cc9484b4f
  4. Audio device being detected that doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio device being detected that doesn't exist: As title says. Windows 10 is detecting an audio device that does not exist and has never existed on my PC. How do I resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-being-detected-that-doesnt-exist/3281cf65-907d-4f76-a986-178cc9484b4f
  5. Audio device being detected that doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Non existent USB device is being detected

Non existent USB device is being detected: I presently have no USB device plugged into my ASUS E510 Laptop. However, the laptop keeps giving me a popup claiming "USB device not recognized". It is almost behaving as if I am rapidly plugging in, and taking out a USB device, as it chimes both the plug in and unplug...
  7. Input device is not being detected...

Input device is not being detected...: I have just gotten my new pc and just got everything ready when I realized that when I plug in my headphones and select headphones from waves, it's not also using the mic on it, and I went to troubleshoot on the virtual agent, and it installed a driver which now when I plug...
  8. Bluetooth devices not being detected in Windows 10

Bluetooth devices not being detected in Windows 10: I've been having trouble trying to connect and pair a bluetooth speaker to my computer. I have updated bluetooth drivers, restarted bluetooth support services (as well as changing startup from manual to automatic) and have installed any recent updates I've received from...
  9. Camera is not being detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera is not being detected in Device Manager: I had disabled the camera as it was not in use but again when I tried to enable the device manger says no Camera detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-being-detected-in-device-manager/e0a7965c-e947-4fba-b4c2-3a9902119a27
  10. bluetooth devices are not being detected .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bluetooth devices are not being detected .: I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones but it was not detected. I am facing this problem after I updated window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-devices-are-not-being-detected/82d29a1b-20d4-4769-a2da-431338aca1ad

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware troubleshooter 2020