Windows 10: Device not listed for child account in family

Discus and support Device not listed for child account in family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have setup my child with Microsoft family and allowed access.Both accounts - parent and child - are on same Windows 10 pc. Child account is a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Stefan Koser, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Device not listed for child account in family

I have setup my child with Microsoft family and allowed access.Both accounts - parent and child - are on same Windows 10 pc. Child account is a standard user.However after child sign-in, the Microsoft family pape still showsConnected Devices:0for the child. That's why I cannot set any app and browsing limits.Under "Apps and Games" the message still is "To decide when xxx can use their apps, and for how long, they’ll need to add a device by signing in."With parent login, under Accounts, the childs account is visible as family member and set to "Allow".How can get the PC listed/added as device

:)

Stefan Koser, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Device not listed for child account in family 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Device not listed for child account in family

Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Device not listed for child account in family

1. Device not listed for child account in family - Similar Threads - Device listed child

2. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  3. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  4. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  6. Surface Laptop is not listing in child's device list

Surface Laptop is not listing in child's device list: Hi There I have added my son's surface laptop in my family safety group but that device is not listing my son's profile. Also my family Windows 10 PC is not listing my younger son's profile and not getting any activity report for him Could you please help me to fix it?...
  7. Issue with child family account

Issue with child family account: I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved. I have checked - Account set to allowed under Family & Other users - The account can...
  8. Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I...

Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I...: Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I get it specifically linked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/childs-device-shows-up-in-family-devices-but-is/1c0ca7ca-9fd9-4519-8eca-c8b61d1be812"
  9. microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device: i have 2 child accounts set up on my laptop with time limits set for both accounts - different times set for both. one account works and restrictions apply, the other account has access all the time the child logs in. do the accounts have to be on 2 different...
  10. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...