Windows 10: Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working

Discus and support Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey ! ISSUE : The onboard keyboard on my laptop does not work intermittently. It is not a hardware related or physical connections issue. The key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Huzefa_26, May 28, 2020.

1. Huzefa_26 Win User

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working

Hey !

ISSUE : The onboard keyboard on my laptop does not work intermittently. It is not a hardware related or physical connections issue. The key lights, power button etc work fine. I have been using the laptop since 08/2019. The issue has become severe and debilitating in the last few months. Dec '19 - onward. I suspect it is an issue related to Windows Update, as i have observed that a new update causes the keyboard to loose functionality and the next one restores it. The updates themselves are not related to the keyboard yet they still freeze the keyboard. I have even tried disabling updates or rolling them back and this does not help either.

I have tried the various methods of installing, un-installing the keyboard drivers from the device manager. This does not help.

The windows and Asus diagnostic does not detect any issues and is unable to resolve this issue.

After digging through the various sub screens on device manager i found an error log which returned "device not migrated" I have attached screenshots of the device manager screen. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this ? It is getting to a point where my laptop has basically become a desktop as i have to lug around an external keyboard.

Armory crate is a software that ASUS has published which allows one to control the lights on the keyboard and fan speeds easily. When the keyboard is not working, the software doesn't detect it. Check screenshots of the same for detail. I am not sure if this is related to the issue but i am including it here if it helps answer the question.

I really appreciate your time to got through this post !

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working f3be9ed3-b34b-4bcc-a251-3699ab8476e4?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working 74da0b91-00fd-4ad0-adc1-c74fce4e1ab6?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working be98dad0-a311-4bac-93f8-4ef73a78d6c3?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working 60c5dc24-bf2c-4273-97b2-54431738647d?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working b572b44f-8d15-4978-818f-8e782afd22e5?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working ba43d20f-f76e-4b00-85d8-5b73f92199a4?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working ba552e32-aab7-4fdf-92b9-89855a662cc8?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working d0112bd2-d8c1-4b84-8dec-8de05c24e737?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working 595a57b7-b131-4a5f-a362-c23ec40914d9?upload=true.jpg

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working 60d80732-4cb8-4f7f-b9cf-e331b1598415?upload=true.jpg

This is how it looks when its working :

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working 210c28b4-8de2-48f3-9059-d23a3b506793?upload=true.jpg

:)

Huzefa_26, May 28, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jun 4, 2020
  3. JasonHuan Win User
    Monitor connected to laptop: Device not migrated

Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried the ways in the link but still no luck. My problem is my laptop can detect my monitor correctly but there is a event "Device not migrated" , I guess there is no signal received by the monitor.

JasonHuan, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working

Bluetooth device migration.

Hi FredOlson1,

Sounds like a Bluetooth driver conflict to me. Did you make any changes on your laptop prior to the issue? What is the build and version of your Windows 10? In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Lets remove the Megacra sound bar from your Bluetooth device list.

1. Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth & other devices.
    2. Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Restart your laptop.

Step 2: Download and install the latest Bluetooth driver directly from Dell support website.

Step 3: Pair again your Bluetooth device to your laptop. Kindly check for the device manual for the instructions.

You may also want to check this article for the list of troubleshooting steps to fix Bluetooth connection issues.

Kindly update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working

1. Device Not Migrated On board laptop not working - Similar Threads - Device Migrated board

2. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated: Following a Windows 10 upgrade I've lost use of one bluetooth soundbar. Here's what I know:There is not a soundbar problem. The soundbar works with my Mac, and with a USB. My Windows 10 troubleshooter says that for that soundbar, "headphones" are not plugged in.The soundbar...
  3. Device Migration

Device Migration: What would prevent a device from being migrated and is this really a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-migration/4bde4cbb-cc21-411d-bcf5-3b91e98c7f8b
  4. DEVICE NOT MIGRATED

DEVICE NOT MIGRATED: [ATTACH] Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{6bda5306-f8a5-4123-bd69-8232c26d2faf} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{494008f4-7af7-49e5-aa64-7ee569154693} Class Guid:...
  5. device not migrated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    device not migrated: upgrading to win 10 from 7 and keyboard on laptop not working device details show device not migrated how can I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-migrated/2dc0e73f-c92f-4a9e-9be8-f4183679d1f9
  6. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: Hello, After a Windows 10 update today the speakers do not work. In the LG Ultrawide events screen there is this... Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{d82c1427-b7ce-48fb-9340-1a163a6a7810} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  7. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I am getting several "device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match". on the Events tab in Properties page. What does this mean and how can I fix it. Please help....
  8. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I'm connecting a USB disk device to my machine. I've tried updating drivers, using a different USB port and not joy. The message in the events log reads as shown below. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_JMicron&Prod_Generic\000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match....
  9. Device Not Migrated

Device Not Migrated: I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the back and I am running an hdmi to dvi cable to the acer monitor for this setup. Again, this has been working since I originally...
  10. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not migrated: In device manager, Network Adapters. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, it is showing that device not migrated..Tried uninstalling ..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/device-not-migrated/76728f32-ce35-4123-973e-2bda95e2b01b